RC poster

Want to drive on a lawn

Will the slash 1/16 drive on a lawn? I dont want to do long grass, but want to drive on a lawn. Will this vehicle accomplish this? I dont want to waste $200+

my 1/10 LCG slash runs on grass, for about 5 minutes and then it overheats - that was stock, doubtfull you will run great on grass with the 1/16 but someone else chime in, or go to the 1/16 section and ask there
    Slash Ultimate Modified & Summit - Lipos ALWAYS!

It will drive but not fast at all unless you cut the grass to a putting green height. The tires are roughly the same size as the 4-Tec and there is not much of a "static load radius."
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    It will drive but not fast at all unless you cut the grass to a putting green height. The tires are roughly the same size as the 4-Tec and there is not much of a "static load radius."
    Thanks so m uch. Thats exactly what I needed to know. I assume the 1/10 would work much better.

The 1/16 Slash 4x4 was IMO made to run on a groomed or flat surface, like a track or on-road. The tires are indeed very small with a small contact patch.
    I had a 1/16 E-Revo--turned-Mini Summit which did much better in grass and in general off-road conditions.

++Moved to 1/16 section++
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-22-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    SOrry to be a bug, but I have watched some 1/10 scale slash videos on youtube and it seems to handle grass pretty good...I dont mean running exclusively in grass, but a bit of grass here or there.

Anyone have experience?

$400 CAD for a 4x4 1/10 slash is a fiar amoutn of $$ but I love the idea of playing mechanic along with driving.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger1972 View Post
    SOrry to be a bug, but I have watched some 1/10 scale slash videos on youtube and it seems to handle grass pretty good...I dont mean running exclusively in grass, but a bit of grass here or there.

Anyone have experience?

$400 CAD for a 4x4 1/10 slash is a fiar amoutn of $$ but I love the idea of playing mechanic along with driving.
    Any of the Traxxas 4x4 vehicles will run in grass 1/16 mini erevo included. Proline Trencher tires on the mini erevo and it rips thru dirt, grass, & pavement just as well or better than any of the 1/10 trucks.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmatti View Post
    Any of the Traxxas 4x4 vehicles will run in grass 1/16 mini erevo included. Proline Trencher tires on the mini erevo and it rips thru dirt, grass, & pavement just as well or better than any of the 1/10 trucks.
    great post thanks!

Current saving for a slash 1/10 4x4

RC poster
    Neither of my kids have had any issues running their stock brushed 1/16 revo & slash in grass. Grass is their ONLY option. We live in the country, no paved roads, parking lots, etc. The yard also is not flat, plenty of hills and dips.

Sent from my ONEPLUS Bad **** Phone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cjoffutt View Post
    Neither of my kids have had any issues running their stock brushed 1/16 revo & slash in grass. Grass is their ONLY option. We live in the country, no paved roads, parking lots, etc. The yard also is not flat, plenty of hills and dips.

Sent from my ONEPLUS Bad **** Phone using Tapatalk
    OMG thanks again CJoffutt

EXACTLY that I want to know.....obv I am not talking about 3' grass here I am talking about lawn height.

great group

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger1972 View Post
    OMG thanks again CJoffutt

EXACTLY that I want to know.....obv I am not talking about 3' grass here I am talking about lawn height.

great group
    More than welcome. If it helps you any, I mow at 3.75". Way too often lately. Yards been growing faster than ever this spring. I blame it on the 12+ inches of rain we received in May.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cjoffutt View Post
    More than welcome. If it helps you any, I mow at 3.75". Way too often lately. Yards been growing faster than ever this spring. I blame it on the 12+ inches of rain we received in May.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
    WOW. that is fast

I am a total noob, so how hard is the 1/19 slash 4x4 to drive?
    I wonder how long it will be before I am able to full throttle runs,