RC poster

General Question: Am I the only weird one here?

I CAN NOT steer with my right hand and throttle with my left hand. When I hold the Receiver, I hold it in my right hand with my index finger on the throttle, and hold it sideways with the steering wheel on the top, and steer left-handed. It feels so awkward to try it the "normal" way. I just want to know if I'm alone in this.

RC Qualifier
    I drive the same way even though i'm right handed.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JankBallz View Post
    I CAN NOT steer with my right hand and throttle with my left hand. When I hold the Receiver, I hold it in my right hand with my index finger on the throttle....
    Yup, you are weird, most of us don't hold the receiver when we drive, we hold the transmitter...

Seriously, it might depend on which eye is dominate, I am betting you are dominant with your left eye. I am left eye dominant, but I am also ambidextrous, so both ways feels correct to me, hold the transmitter with my left hand just because radios are normally set up that way. I shoot pistol both ways as well, a gun feels just as natural in the left hand as the left. But, shooting long arms has to be done left-handed.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Well, I drive with one hand, sooooo... That only happens when I ride my bike at the same time, and not going very fast. Otherwise I crash either my car, or the bike. Sometimes both
    I like free stuff!

RC Enthusiast
    That's how my son does it to. Started him at just under 3 years old so he couldn't hold it right then, but now that he can, he still holds it like that. The first time I drove a rc car, a stupid fast one that wasn't mine on a narrow road, I held the remote sideways so the steering wheel faced up so turning left turned left and right was right. Still used the proper hand for throttle and steering I think.(many beers ago) But I hold it normal now myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk