RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar

Rear bearing carrier pin coming out

I have a first gen x Maxx. Bone stock. LOVE IT!

However, lately I can hardly use it. I have a hinge pin in the rear that slips out all the time. The one at the top of the bearing carrier. The set screw is in, but it seems like the a arm can flex too much to let it slip out. I'll attach a few pictures.

I'm inclined to just buy new A Arms, but are there some upgrades to help with this? Perhaps threaded hinge pins? (On front and back with a nut on both sides?)

On the side that isn't apart yet, you can still see how much play there is. If the A Arm opens up much there, it's out. That's what's happening. I can put it back together in a jiffy, but it's almost a waste at this point.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    I forget the brand, but there are pins that have nuts on the end, like a bolt to keep the pins in. The a-arms could be bent a bit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    RPM and CEN make capture hinge pins if you’re having issues.

RC Qualifier
    Just buy some high tensile M4x60mm nut and bolts and cut 3/4mm off with a dremel.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I found the RPM hinge pins last night and ordered a set. I would imagine the a arms are stretched in that area, I would hope that's not the typical tolerance. If so, I would imagine everybody would be losing hinge pins left and right. I bought this truck second hand so it's hard to say for sure. I sold a house a little bit ago and all my RC stuff has been in storage for a long time. I just dug this one out and look forward to getting some time with it!

Last few drives my traxxas 3s packs bit the dust, so I have a new SMC 9400 pair. Last night I attempted to try them out and drove about 200 feet before I lost a hinge pin .

Later it will be time to resurrect the trx 4 and one of the slashes!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D