Thread: Mercedes G 500

RC Competitor

Mercedes G 500

I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I have noticed on RC mart that they are selling a TRX-4 with the Mercedes G 500 body. It comes in a Traxxas box and everything.

I have looked on the Traxxas site, and it is not here.

I really like the body, and wanted to buy the body.

Would anyone know why it isn't on the Traxxas site.

Thank you.

Harley did a bit on this truck a week or two back. It is an official Traxxas product, it just hasn't been officially released yet.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Ok, thank you.

From my understanding, this product will be sold in Europe and Asia only.

RC Competitor
    Thank you. It makes sense.

Although I thought I had seen it on here. (my memory is not very good due to chemo)

All good thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keggo View Post
    Thank you. It makes sense.

Although I thought I had seen it on here. (my memory is not very good due to chemo)

All good thank you.
    I hear you on the chemo brain.
    It's hard to explain it to someone.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    It is so hard, I try and have a conversation, and I will forget words or even the whole conversation.

It's like this car and body, I know I have seen it, I thought it was on here, but now I can only find it on RC Mart.

Most people don't understand, they think I am being silly, or putting it on. Oh well, such is life. At least we are alive.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Keggo View Post
    It is so hard, I try and have a conversation, and I will forget words or even the whole conversation.

Most people don't understand, they think I am being silly, or putting it on. Oh well, such is life. At least we are alive.
    Wow this really opens my eyes.A close family member of mine is going through chemo (lymphoma) and he forgets stuff all the time,it puzzled me,now it just makes sense

Thanks for helping me understand

Onyx
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfOnyx View Post
    Wow this really opens my eyes.A close family member of mine is going through chemo (lymphoma) and he forgets stuff all the time,it puzzled me,now it just makes sense

Thanks for helping me understand

Onyx
    Just remember be patient.
    It is quite frustrating to those going through it.Its kind of a bit scary at times.....imagine you are going about your day then all of a sudden you forget where you are for a second or two.stuff like that.
    It is a unnerving feeling.
    Everything costs a price it's just not always in money.

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Just remember be patient.
    It is quite frustrating to those going through it.Its kind of a bit scary at times.....imagine you are going about your day then all of a sudden you forget where you are for a second or two.stuff like that.
    It is a unnerving feeling.
    Everything costs a price it's just not always in money.

Thanks for the advice it means a lot.I wish you luck with your daily battles

Onyx
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfOnyx View Post
    Thanks for the advice it means a lot.I wish you luck with your daily battles

Onyx
    I have completed my treatments.
    But the battle never really ends.
    I am fortunate to live in a place that has exellent cancer care.
    So if I can help someone else deal with it a bit then that is my job now

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    I completed my treatment in 2014, but the damage that has been done to my body is really bad. The muscles in my throat are deteriorating, so they have to put a PEG tube (feeding tube) back in.

I aspirate every time I eat. I have chemo brain, so my memory is really shocking. I am tired all day every day.

Rc is about the only thing that brings me joy, it is just trying to get out there. Thats life. I survived, others don't/ didn't. So I am grateful. Just be grateful its not you, because it isn't pleasant.

As jamann said, "So if I can help someone else deal with it a bit then that is my job now".

As for your friend, just be there for them, and if you see them get confused or upset, now you understand why.

RC Enthusiast
    I understand that feeling too. I had pneumonia really bad last fall that collapsed both of my lungs, shut down my kidneys and liver, then got infected with sepsis. I was given a 10% chance of making it. It’s getting better but my short term memory isn’t nearly what it used to be and I have those days too where I just feel out of sorts and need to sleep. Icu for 2.5 weeks almost a month total in the hospital. It’s hard to explain to people but I don’t dwell on it, just one day at a time. Taking my rc trucks apart and putting them back together has helped a lot. I own 7 Traxxas trucks and they’re all out of warranty but my buddies with Arrmas and Losi’s have been treated like gold by those manufacturers and Traxxas pretty much told me tough luck (wasn’t looking for anything free) even though I probably have at least $8,000 worth of their products. But you live and learn I guess. I’d like to get a TRX4 Sport but am hesitant spending more money with Traxxas unfortunately.
    Last edited by scissor34; 05-28-2019 at 11:02 PM.

RC Competitor
    A recent video from Matteo's RC Movies starring the TRX4 Mercedes

https://youtu.be/ZmcyXI7ljso

Quote Originally Posted by scissor34 View Post
    I understand that feeling too. I had pneumonia really bad last fall that collapsed both of my lungs, shut down my kidneys and liver, then got infected with sepsis. I was given a 10% chance of making it. Itís getting better but my short term memory isnít nearly what it used to be and I have those days too where I just feel out of sorts and need to sleep. Icu for 2.5 weeks almost a month total in the hospital. Itís hard to explain to people but I donít dwell on it, just one day at a time. Taking my rc trucks apart and putting them back together has helped a lot. I own 7 Traxxas trucks and theyíre all out of warranty but my buddies with Arrmas and Losiís have been treated like gold by those manufacturers and Traxxas pretty much told me tough luck (wasnít looking for anything free) even though I probably have at least $8,000 worth of their products. But you live and learn I guess. Iíd like to get a TRX4 Sport but am hesitant spending more money with Traxxas unfortunately.
    What is/was the problem.
    There are many people here with knowledge that can help you.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    What is/was the problem.
    There are many people here with knowledge that can help you.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I appreciate that, and I have pretty good knowledge of all the trucks I own and do use everyone else’s knowledge here when I get stuck on something. It’s probably unreasonable of me, because I know things break. But, over the past couple
    Months I’ve spent hundreds of dollars through Traxxas just replacing bearings, driveshafts, etc so everything was as close to new as possible. I’ve turned my yard into a makeshift figure 8 track that 1 buddy races Arrmas on and the other Losi. They both bought theirs second hand and have had crazy good customer support to point where both of them have literally got over $100 in parts just because they wrote a professional letter no questions asked. I’ve invested probably at least $8,000 in new Traxxas products and didn’t expect anything for free but maybe a 10% discount or some sign of good faith. Like I said, maybe I’m being unreasonable, but it’s just left a bad taste in my mouth and am tired of giving them more money. So idk.