RC Racer

How many times has jb weld saved you?

So I was running my slash 4x4 in a gravel area and I hit a really big rock going about 45mph. The rock smacked the underside of the rear bulkhead/skid plate and it went straight through it. A little jb weld and it's good as new tho!

But that got me wondering if I'm alone in repairing stuff with jb weld. Let me know what you've been able to salvage with it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    The stuff is magic. I’ll be using it to fix some bagged out hexes in my wheels tomorrow.

Best save ever? I was rebuilding the engine in my car - aluminum block - I was tightening a bolt, for some accessory bracket. I failed to check if there was any oil/coolant in the bottom of the bolt hole. I was cranking it down, and as we all know, liquids don’t compress. A chunk from the block went pinging across the room at light speed. I reattached what i could find and recreated the rest with JB Weld. It held up as long as I owned that car. Bolt never backed out. Perfection!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
    The stuff is magic. Iíll be using it to fix some bagged out hexes in my wheels tomorrow.

Best save ever? I was rebuilding the engine in my car - aluminum block - I was tightening a bolt, for some accessory bracket. I failed to check if there was any oil/coolant in the bottom of the bolt hole. I was cranking it down, and as we all know, liquids donít compress. A chunk from the block went pinging across the room at light speed. I reattached what i could find and recreated the rest with JB Weld. It held up as long as I owned that car. Bolt never backed out. Perfection!
    Nice! I also use it for wheel hexes but it doesn't seem to work very well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that is ok for a while, but definitely, properly replace the part.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    that is ok for a while, but definitely, properly replace the part.
    Why? It will hold up indefinitely most likely. If anything it's stronger than it was before.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    Why? It will hold up indefinitely most likely. If anything it's stronger than it was before.

glad it works for you

RC poster
    If I JB weld a hex nut I can never take it back off. seems problematic.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger1972 View Post
    If I JB weld a hex nut I can never take it back off. seems problematic.
    The best way I've found is to clean the stripped wheel hex area really well and then just plop a whole bunch of jb weld in it. After you've done that, wrap a wheel hex in aluminum foil and make sure it sits properly in the jb weld. Once it's dry just pry the hex out of the aluminum foil and your done

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    The best way I've found is to clean the stripped wheel hex area really well and then just plop a whole bunch of jb weld in it. After you've done that, wrap a wheel hex in aluminum foil and make sure it sits properly in the jb weld. Once it's dry just pry the hex out of the aluminum foil and your done

Yup. Did the same thing, but I used plastic food wrap, and I used axles and wheels nuts to clamp the hexes right in there. Looks like it’ll hold up for a while.hexes fit super tight again.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
    Yup. Did the same thing, but I used plastic food wrap, and I used axles and wheels nuts to clamp the hexes right in there. Looks like itíll hold up for a while.hexes fit super tight again.
    Oh my God those are amazing ideas. My wheels will be so strong thanks to you