RC Competitor

Looking for some beadlocks for my sla2h

I just went brushless in my sla2h and I'm having a hard time keeping the bead of the tire attached to the wheels. I've glued and reglued. Trying to find some beadlocks for the 2wd slash and it hasn't been easy due to the fact that the offset is different from front to rear. Anyone have any suggestions that would help? Would taping the tires help? Also, I feel like the sidewall of the tires are flexing through corners and causing my truck to flip and barrel roll quite violently. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I need a little bit of a camber adjustment.
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC Racer
    What tires are you using? I've never had that many tires come off the bead. Even with 4s and 8th scale power i can't remember it happening that often.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you prep the tires and wheels properly your beads will stay put.

Tires:
    • Make sure the bead surface is free from flashing or defects
    • Clean the bead area with isopropyl alcohol to get the model release off of it.

Wheels:
    • Lightly rough up the bead surface with sand paper (200 grit)
    • Clean the bead area with isopropyl alcohol

Also, when regluing, make sure everything is as clean as you can get it.

Here is a good video that goes more into it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0X_2GJI1Fw

Mounting beadlocks is an art unto itself. Torqueing all screws down equally is very important. I use an electric driver to get the screws down most of the way, then finish torque by hand in a star pattern. Do not use an electric driver to torque down the screws, you will run a big risk of stripping them, even if you think you have the clutch set properly.

Proline Split-6 wheels work very well, below is a link to their wheels page. You'll need to make sure you get a set of fronts and backs (different offsets on the 2WD Slash):

https://www.prolineracing.com/short-...-truck-wheels/
    Last edited by Greatscott; 05-24-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Great info there Greatscott. As far as I can think, Proline is the only PLASTIC sc beadlock option there is. Aluminum sc wheels (different offset hubs available) cost a lot more and are heavy, so its harder on the axles and tranny should that be an issue with driving style. If you are looking at new tires too, 2.2 beadlocks, aluminum or plastic, will fit (again, different offset hubs available with bolt on hubs, 4 rims for ~$50, pick the style), many more wheel options that are considerably cheaper than the sc wheels. Tire selection not as good with a non crawler 2.2, but you can stretch 1.9s on them, just check tire height, some are way taller than others, with most being about 4-5/8" tall.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    What tires are you using? I've never had that many tires come off the bead. Even with 4s and 8th scale power i can't remember it happening that often.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I've been switching back and forth between the stockers and the proline street fighters and I can't figure out why the beads keep coming away from the wheels. When I mounted the street fighters on the renegade wheels I did everything like you explained. ( I watched some tutorials on you tube) cleaned everything with simple green rinsed very well, scuffed the bead of the tires with scotch bright and cleaned everything again with alcohol. Glued the beads to the wheels and wrapped them with "tire bands" to hold everything in place. Then let the glue set for almost 48 hours before I even put them on the truck. I just don't get why they won't stay put
    Slash 2wd
    Chase9Elliott
    Brett"theJet"Hearn

RC poster
    I've had the same thing and noticed that when the tires ballooned way too much, it pulls some edges of the bead off the wheel. Try duct taping the inside of the tire and maybe it will lessen the tire ripping off. I use 99 cent super glue and it works just fine after taping the tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior3815 View Post
    I just went brushless in my sla2h and I'm having a hard time keeping the bead of the tire attached to the wheels. I've glued and reglued. Trying to find some beadlocks for the 2wd slash and it hasn't been easy due to the fact that the offset is different from front to rear. Anyone have any suggestions that would help? Would taping the tires help? Also, I feel like the sidewall of the tires are flexing through corners and causing my truck to flip and barrel roll quite violently. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I need a little bit of a camber adjustment.
    On my 2wd Slash, I have been running the Proline Beedlock wheels with their tires. I used the same wheel (Proline 2715) front and rear. I haven't noticed any difference.
    Also, are you running a LCG chassis? If not, then get one, it will make a difference and not roll as much.
    Last edited by cwmoss; 06-19-2019 at 07:30 AM.