RC poster

Question Slash 2wd new sensored brushless system

Installed 120 amp sensored ESC with 10.5 brushless motor which were sold as a combination. All runs fine except when turning on the receiver the truck lurches forward about 4".

What is causing that? I have the sensor cable installed.

Thanks,
    Bill

I've never had a system do this myself but it appears to be struggling to properly find the neutral position when booting up.

Have you properly calibrated the ESC to your transmitter? If not definitely try that first.

If it still does it, provided the ESC is programmable you may be able to widen the neutral position dead zone. I know Castle ESCs have an adjustable parameter for this.

You could try a different sensor cable or try running it in sensorless mode to see if that makes a difference.

Other than that I'm out of ideas.
    Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the RC car

RC Qualifier
    You may try calibrating the esc. There should be instructions online or with your setup. Also make sure your transmitter throttle trim is 0.
    trinity 6cell packs - 5 cells for the price of 6!

RC poster
    Thanks guys. Ive done all that but nothing changed. It runs great but the start up is strange. I have heard the term "cogging". What is cogging?

Thanks,
    Bill

http://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/brus...ing-explained/

For questions specific to the system you purchased you need to contact that manufacturer for support of their product.
    The Super Derecho