Thread: Pede 4x4 kit

RC poster

Pede 4x4 kit

Got the pede 4x4 kit today and out it together. I'm ran it on a 5000MaH 2s pack and I'm only getting 19 mph. I know the'y're not speed demons on 2s, but I'm running a 11/54 gearing the same as my rustler (pulled the vilineon motor and esc from it) and the 2.8 jconsepts tires on it that i used on my rustler and its just so much slower. Any ideas of what would cause the speed decrease?

RC Enthusiast
    Radio calibrated properly? Possibly the esc is in training mode?
    How do you like the kit? Been eyeing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthompson336 View Post
    Got the pede 4x4 kit today and out it together. I'm ran it on a 5000MaH 2s pack and I'm only getting 19 mph. I know the'y're not speed demons on 2s, but I'm running a 11/54 gearing the same as my rustler (pulled the vilineon motor and esc from it) and the 2.8 jconsepts tires on it that i used on my rustler and its just so much slower. Any ideas of what would cause the speed decrease?
    I'm also putting together this kit but with a CC 3800kv

I think your Rustler system is a 3500 if i'm not mistaken ? which is the same as the Stampede RTR vxl

Was your rustler gearing on 28-T / 83-T or similar ?

One thing I've noticed is the kit is mainly as default for brushed system with options to upgrade to brushless. If you notice the tires they are from the brushed model. Also diff pinions.

Having said that, 11/54 I think it's for brushed systems. Go to this chart middle of page from:

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...de-4x4-vxl-tsm

For 2S they have gearing of 17-T / 54-T with a top speed of 40 mph.

If you want to be more conservative maybe a 15T pinion would get you to around 30 mph ?

but let us know how it goes ! I'm still building and haven't tried it yet.