Does anyone make 6 mm output flanges for a Slash tranny?

I'm doing another scratch build buggy (UDR sized, 4 seat pre runner) that could ideally use MIP X-Duties with the appropriate ends, but I like 1/10 Traxxas Summit axles as a first choice. A second question would be this: Is there some brand of tranny case that will fit an 1/8 scale motor, take the torque and not flex? A CC 1415 would work in a pinch. Anyone have good news to share with me? Car should weigh 13-15 lbs when done.

RC Qualifier
    try the new flm super transmission, looks amazing , but only 5mm i think but still way strong enough imho

FLM can be mounted without a arm mounts, right? Something like the RPM case?

RC Qualifier
    yes, and it looks amazing ! i just can’t justify the cost right now

Perfect, I'll look into that a little closer. It would be going into this build, the "jumbo buggy".

20190601_172104 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

20190601_171824 by MAC FAB, on Flickr

Then comes another thought, sealed diffs. Other than hopefully reducing grease service, do they have any real value? Diff components are simply stock in those, right? Does anyone make upgraded diff components? Is the Proline unit any better/stronger as far as durability with its internal components? As I think about it, heck, I've had great luck with a spooled, stock cased Magnum 272 in my Bomber, perhaps I should try that first being the mounting points would be the same and save a grip of $$ up front. Thru bolt it if necessary to keep it aligned. Hmmmm.....

RC Qualifier
    get the super trans for sure, it uses the x01 diff gears, you ll be able to add tons of power without worrying about breaking diff gears, its almost a must for that build if you want it to be reliable with big power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this is what it looks like, it even uses larger bearings for the diff. see how big the diff is for the bigger gears

and no they are not my finger nails, yikes , lol
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-11-2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: merge

Will that diff fit into a stock case?

RC Qualifier
    nope, thats the first question i asked too, its much bigger

Guess I'll be saving for that one then, it solves many of the world's problems. Color selection isn't ideal, so I need to figure out what to do there. Raw is probably my best option. I guess that qualifies my build as a Slash based rig

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

I love mine. The blue is almost traxxas aluminum blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you run for the lay shaft?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    What do you run for the lay shaft?
    Itís been stock. Never had shaft or pin issues. This is in a Rustler mind you.

Nice, however, I will never run a stock shaft again in a performance rig, the hex pin mod is too easy and has been bulletproof for me. So what else is needed to get this trans format up and running, and roughly how much $$$ are you throwing at it to make it happen? RTR, I'm guessing about $200? What is the story with the gearing and clutch that you run? How about mounting holedimensions and the physical dimensions, i.e. stub flg. width, height...... are they close to stock? For what its worth, I'm not using the arm mounting tabs, no a rear arms for me. Finally, how many ci in that Keith Black hemi in your pic? Thanks for your input, its removing the learning curve so no time or money is spent in a useless way.

RC Qualifier
    i use the strc associated shaft with the vts slipper setup with gardo discs , which they stopped making , they are awesome , they never wear down

they look silimar to the above

revolution rc sells them , not sure how much they are, you can set your slipper once and forget it , they hold settings very well
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-11-2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    rcshox used to make them

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    Nice, however, I will never run a stock shaft again in a performance rig, the hex pin mod is too easy and has been bulletproof for me. So what else is needed to get this trans format up and running, and roughly how much $$$ are you throwing at it to make it happen? RTR, I'm guessing about $200? What is the story with the gearing and clutch that you run? How about mounting holedimensions and the physical dimensions, i.e. stub flg. width, height...... are they close to stock? For what its worth, I'm not using the arm mounting tabs, no a rear arms for me. Finally, how many ci in that Keith Black hemi in your pic? Thanks for your input, its removing the learning curve so no time or money is spent in a useless way.
    Believe it or not the clutch is stock. Tightened down, HR long carbon fiber pads. The tranny used stock mounting holes. The gearing is 34/34 mod 1 gearing. This is speed rig, big surprise Iím sure. Motor is a Poseidon 2650kv 6S capable. I had the old FLM so the tranny and diff weíre less than 100 bills. Pinion is from an XO-1, and the spur is HR. I have the RR steel idler. I think the XO-1 diff gear set it around 15 bucks. Idler is around 20. So Iíd say 200ish sounds right. Iím running traxxas 1951Rís for axles. HR 17mm conversion. Thereís an MMX hidden in the car somewhere. This was my first build getting back into the hobby and is well documented in the Rustler forum. Hope this helps