RC poster

Rustler TSM receiver 6533 problem

So I upgraded my Rustler VXL and installed a new Traxxas TSM receiver 6533.

Steering servo in Ch1, the ESC in Ch2.

Before the upgrade, the car ran perfectly with the old 2218X receiver and 2238 Radio.

After installation I binded my new 6528B Radio, which replaced the old 2238 Radio.

Now, the car will run great for a few minutes and all of a sudden will stop accelerating like you let go of the trigger. Pull the trigger again after a second or two, the car will accelerate again then usually stops again. This scenario repeats itself over and over until I get fed up and turn everything off.

Note that my 2WD Slash VXL runs fine with the same 6528B Radio and batteries I use in the Rustler.

Any ideas as to the problem? I’m thinking the new TSM receiver 6533 is defective….

Thanks!

RC Racer
    I would love to help but I'm new too.

RC poster
    Make sure you recalibrate the receiver AND the ESC. Made that mistake before myself.

Quote Originally Posted by area54 View Post

Any ideas as to the problem? I’m thinking the new TSM receiver 6533 is defective….

Thanks!
    If that receiver didn't come in your truck new:

"A Traxxas TQi transmitter with the Traxxas Link Wireless Module (part
    #6511) installed is required to control the receiver within the Traxxas Link
    App (see Related Parts List). A TQi transmitter equipped with the multifunction
    knob is required to adjust the TSM assistance. The Traxxas Link Wireless Module
    is also required in order to load the proper software for your specific vehicle
    model into the receiver."
    Last edited by Rich2; 05-28-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by area54 View Post

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post

BTW, if you don't have a bluetooth transmitter you may find a friend with one
    or even your local hobby store to do it for you.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Make sure you recalibrate the receiver AND the ESC. Made that mistake before myself.
    Thank you for the reply.

I did reset the transmitter to its factory default settings and the ESC but it did not fix the problem.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post

Thank you for the reply.

I guess I will look into getting the link module. I'm sure my local hobby shop may also do that for me for a fee...

RC poster
    Update: Bought a link module.

Updated the firmware on the new TSM receiver, along with a second one I acquired, and the problem still exists with either one installed.....

RC poster
    Their link is needed for a software update, but all else can be done manually. When it runs great for a few minutes, does everything work correctly? Forward, brake, and reverse? If so, your setup should be correct. Now, try it again, while controlling the distance. See if it only fails at some distance. What you described matches a broken antenna at either end.