RC poster

Spartan 5" dual pickup rudder

Anyone know where to get the 5" dual pickup rudder? Seems like the company that used to make them is no longer in business. Searched all over Ebay and other sites for one and no luck!

What company? Off Shore Electronics sells some ( 5" ??) or even Hot Racing has an option or two. If you are referring to Kintec I believe the owner passed away a couple years ago.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-26-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    The Super Derecho

Off Shore Electronics is the way you want to go.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    I've been looking for the 5 inch one. Maybe I'm just blind and didnt read the description enough. I'll check those sites out. Thanks guys

RC poster
    So on off shore, they dont have a 5 inch rudder specifically for the spartan. I have the hot shot racing dual pickup already, but was looking for a spartan specific 5 inches dual pickup rudder? Are you guys getting a run of the mill 5 inch dual pickup rudder and fabbing it to fit the spartan? I'm new to the whole boat scene sorry!

I don't think there is a 5 inch duel port rudder on the market for the Spartan, but here's what you can do. I did something similar for one of my other boats.

Get yourself a UL-19 rudder mounting kit from Horizon or OSE, and then get one of these rudders from Amazon. They don't make (at the time I bought my boat, anyway) duel port rudders for the UL-19, but this Amazon rudder is easy to convert into what is needed for use with a UL-19 rudder mount.

Plus, being that you would be using it on the Spartan, you won't have to reshape the top knife part of the rudder. All you will have to do is redo the top to fit the UL-19 mount, and cut the bottom to the length you want. It starts out at 6 inches. I cut mine to 4, and you could cut yours to 5.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-31-2019 at 04:18 AM.

RC poster
    Awesome! That's a great idea. Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I don't think there is a 5 inch duel port rudder on the market for the Spartan, but here's what you can do. I did something similar for one of my other boats.

Get yourself a UL-19 rudder mounting kit from Horizon or OSE, and then get one of these rudders from Amazon. They don't make (at the time I bought my boat, anyway) duel port rudders for the UL-19, but this Amazon rudder is easy to convert into what is needed for use with a UL-19 rudder mount.

Plus, being that you would be using it on the Spartan, you won't have to reshape the top knife part of the rudder. All you will have to do is redo the top to fit the UL-19 mount, and cut the bottom to the length you want. It starts out at 6 inches. I cut mine to 4, and you could cut yours to 5.

No problem, glad I could help.

To make that rudder fit your UL-19 mount, all you have to do is cut the top of the rudder down to the bottom of the top hole. Then just drill a new hole in the rudder, so that you can put back your top bolt in though it...easy peasy.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-01-2019 at 03:09 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlengele View Post
    Anyone know where to get the 5" dual pickup rudder? Seems like the company that used to make them is no longer in business. Searched all over Ebay and other sites for one and no luck!
    Go to OSE and look up DCB M41 upgrades. Both of those rudders will fit the Spartan.

Quote Originally Posted by spartantamer View Post
    Go to OSE and look up DCB M41 upgrades. Both of those rudders will fit the Spartan.
    Yes, that was already suggested. He wants a 5 inch dual port rudder not a 4 inch duel port rudder.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Yes, that was already suggested. He wants a 5 inch dual port rudder not a 4 inch duel port rudder.
    Hot Racing Dual Pickup Rudder Blade Blue M41
    Specs:
    Width at Top of Rudder Blade: 1.2" (31mm)
    Width at Bottom of Rudder Blade: 1.04" (26.5mm)
    Total Rudder Length: 5" (127mm)

That's a really a good find. Who would of thunk that OSE would offer different rudders for the Spartan and M41. I'd definitely go with the OSE M41, 5 inch rudder. It would be super plug and play easy.