RC Competitor

Transmission Shifting

I've tried doing some research around the web and nothing seems to answer what is going on. When my truck is cold or just starting up the transmission will not shift. As I keep running, slowly the transmission starts shifting like it should. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. The transmission is the part of this thing I know the least about.

It shifts based upon engine RPM so if the engine won't spin fast enough then it won't shift. If you are running rich and/or the slipper clutch is loose then it may not get up to speed. Stock setting for the shift point is around 6.5 turns out from all the way in.
    The tranny is actually pretty simple. I removed, inspected and reinstalled mine this afternoon. Seven screws is all it takes to remove the transmission - four in the bottom, the two center shafts and the brake cam linkage. Six screws in the case and it will separate. Don't worry about anything springing out. Use the exploded views if you get stuck.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I've had the truck since 2015, mostly pavement driving with about 6 gallons on it. Maybe just time for a rebuild? I'll definitely check the slipper as well.

Rebuilding never hurts. Take it all apart and replace all the fluids.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    On the off chance anyone is having the same issue, I took the transmission apart and it was full of dust. I cleaned and now it shifts like it's brand new. So a simple rebuild and cleaning did the trick