RC poster

Difference bewtwwen 6S and 8S X-Maxx

I did a search and found tire differences but no overall differences. The reason I ask is I am new to the 1/5 scale and just recently traded for this X-Maxx. I never though to ask verion it was when I did the trade.

So my question is what the overall differences are and how do I tell which version I have?
    What should I be inspecting on the X-Maxx and what areas will need my immediate attention.

RC Qualifier
    Easiest way to check is the esc. Is it a vxl-8s or 6s? Does it have a fan on the motor? Does it have a wheeley bar? All these could’ve been added to a 6s but its a start

RC poster
    Okay, it's the esc is vxl-6s. No fan on the motor. The previous owner added the wheelie bar.

Anything I should be concerned about?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Shock shafts, motor, esc, tires, diffs, clutch, axles I think, Iím sure Iím missing things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cpl666k9 View Post
    Okay, it's the esc is vxl-6s. No fan on the motor. The previous owner added the wheelie bar.

Anything I should be concerned about?
    You have the 6s version. I didnt have major issues with mine. Id change the ESC to something like a Hobbywing Max 6, and diffs were fairly weak but stay on 6s, gear up and change the ESC and mine was quite good

RC poster
    Thanks, everyone for the information. It's a lot of fun to drive. Never had an RC car that fast or that large.

When the 8s came out, Traxxas offered an upgrade kit part #7795 for the 6s to make it 8s.

The following are the instructions which show the old and new assembly part numbers. https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...n-Inst-WEB.pdf

The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Also, the motor is different on the 6s version as well. It's a 1600 vs a 1200(8S) I think. That's usually how you can tell if a 6S was upgraded with 8S parts.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster
    Nice Double G, thanks for the info.