RC Racer

2wd rustler front wheels question

Hey all. Iím picking up a used 2wd rustler and the tires all the way around are pretty worn. Now I have googled a bit but only threads I found are about using front wheels all the way around. My question is this.... does the 2wd rustler use hex adapters in the front or is it old school with bearings in the front rims. This will help me in grabbing some new wheels later this week. Thank you

RC Racer
    My rustler vxl I bought a couple months ago has hex on the front, same as back. The front tires require a 1/2" offset wheel if you want the front and back end to have the same track width.

RC Racer
    Thanks man! Just what I needed. Excited to be getting this 2wd rustler. I haven’t had a 2wd rc since my old gold pan rc10t. Thanks again

RC Racer
    I just got back into it a couple months ago after a 30+ yr hiatus and I now have 3 cars and want more.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I just got back into it a couple months ago after a 30+ yr hiatus and I now have 3 cars and want more.
    Tell me about it..It's a sickness and there is no remedy.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2 View Post
    Tell me about it..It's a sickness and there is no remedy.
    I am always this way with my hobbies/obsessions. The last one was when I switched from smoking to vaping and went down the hobby wormhole there. I now don't want to bother spending time fiddling with the stuff so I use replaceable coils, etc while a grand or two of nice gear sits in storage tubs. I expect to have 4 - 6 cars by the end of the summer and hopefully at least one of those is an X-Maxx.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I am always this way with my hobbies/obsessions. The last one was when I switched from smoking to vaping and went down the hobby wormhole there. I now don't want to bother spending time fiddling with the stuff so I use replaceable coils, etc while a grand or two of nice gear sits in storage tubs. I expect to have 4 - 6 cars by the end of the summer and hopefully at least one of those is an X-Maxx.
    4-6 will be the least of your worries. Wait til you have enough parts in bins to build complete rigs without you even noticing.

This website is the nemesis of people who think they can enjoy this hobby on the cheap.

RC Racer
    Yeah, I fully expected that when I dropped nearly a grand cash on the first kit, chargers, batteries and parts. It is gonna be way more expensive than the vape hobby I had last but I don't care cuz I am having a blast. The hobby prior to vaping at least I tended to profit at, and has since transformed to my full time job so I can now at least afford this. I was way overdue for a new way to spew money.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 05-28-2019 at 08:52 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    My first car was a used Rustler XL5 which I converted to VXL and added Proline Trenchers, big bore shocks, 32p gearing and a few other Mods.

Despite now having several other cars including 2 E-Maxxs, an Arrma Kraton and various buggies and crawlers - the Rustler is still my favourite car.

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Thanks man! Just what I needed. Excited to be getting this 2wd rustler. I haven’t had a 2wd rc since my old gold pan rc10t. Thanks again
    I still have one of those! It's missing a few parts and the body though.
    Life, Liberty, and the persuit of RC domination!! Saving the world, one twinky at a time.