RC poster

Question What Traxxas model do I have

So I just bought a Traxxas Slash 2WD 2 weeks ago, and I want to replace some parts like the bearings (and upgrade some other parts later on). Only thing I wanna know is the model number.
    The previous owner doesn't know either because he bought the truck for his daughters, but he didn't know it was this fast.

Here are some pics of the truck.

RC Racer
    You can most likely just buy parts for any slash 2wd. They are all basically the same. Just make sure if it's a lcg you get lcg parts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    What is a lcg?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDanMan View Post
    What is a lcg?
    Lcg stands for low center of gravity.

RC poster
    How do I know if it is an LCG? I googled some, and I can go around a sharp corner pretty quickly :P

RC Racer
    That is the normal HCG chassis. The LCG chassis is blue. If you google image search slash lcg chassis you will see the differences.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDanMan View Post
    How do I know if it is an LCG? I googled some, and I can go around a sharp corner pretty quickly :P
    Look up pictures of lcg vs hcg chassis. The difference is noticeable. Never driven a slash 2wd lcg but I hear they turn better.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    That is the normal HCG chassis. The LCG chassis is blue. If you google image search slash lcg chassis you will see the differences.
    Not that it matters here, but there are dark gray lcg chassis out there from the Platinum and
    Ultimate RTR models. The blue ones are from the lcg conversion kit I believe.

RC Racer
    TY for the correction, I was not aware as I am a newb and so far only seen the conversion kit. That being said, I could tell from his pic links it sat way higher than the pics in the google image search I mentioned.

To actually answer the bolded question: 5803 (Greg Adler Edition).

https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=5803 (Scroll to bottom of page)
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/t...traxxaslink2ch (radio)

The Slash has changed very little since it was introduced - main changes being to the radio.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-29-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    You can most likely just buy parts for any slash 2wd. They are all basically the same. Just make sure if it's a lcg you get lcg parts.

I just recently got a LCG slash from traxxas, what parts would be different that I have to keep in mind when something breaks?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rain11111 View Post
    I just recently got a LCG slash from traxxas, what parts would be different that I have to keep in mind when something breaks?
    For the slash 2wd I'm not sure. I know on the 4x4 the front and rear bulkheads are different. A few other things as well

RC Enthusiast
    LCG is the only way to go. They do not roll over near as much as ones with the original type chassis. The Traxxas # you need is 5830. It comes with everything you need to do the conversion. I went with an Anza LCG chassis on mine and have never looked back. They aren't available anymore.

RC Qualifier
    Its a stock Slash HCG "High Center of Gravity" or original chassis if you prefer, and it's an XL-5.
    Your XL-5 ESC should be 2S capable and transmission should be brushless ready(steel gears).

Your spur/pinion gearing is good for general use!
    If you find the motor gets too hot, then go down to a 16T pinion. Always paper test the gear mesh!

The Greg Adler Edition is only a different body I think. The Slash hasn't changed much parts wise.
    You may poach most parts from Stampedes and even more parts from Rustlers.
    You can also transfer most parts to a Stampede or Rustler chassis if you ever want to change it up...
    So don't get too hung up on the model # as the part #'s are almost all the same!

Be VERY careful of the little short recv'r wire sticking out, as that it the entire effective antennae.
    Breaking or kinking that end bit means a trip to the hobby shop and about $40.
    I like to back the wire up and tuck that end into the tube if possible to protect it.

Don't worry about LCG conversion yet. It supposedly fixes problem with the Slash but IMO just fixes problems with left trigger fingers. Learn how to tune the suspension and shocks first and practice driving control.
    100% of rolls are the result of the truck being driven (usually turned)outside of the capabilities of the truck.
    An LCG is just a glorified Rustler if you ask me, and if you drive offroad, you'll wish you had the proper ground clearance!
    Anything with a chassis that low, that runs my dirt track, bottoms out again and again and gets passed!!!

RC poster
    Not too much of a difference, the only different thing I have noticed is the side bumpers.