RC Enthusiast

What tires for rustler?

Id like to use 2.2s. vs 2.8

What is the difference (or what do I need) for matching front and rears?

Thx

RC Competitor
    I run duratrax six packs in the rear stock in the front. I have 2.8s but I believe they come in 2.2. The kind of tire really depends on where your looking to drive it. Off-road on road? Hope this helps!

RC Enthusiast
    This would be in the sandy dirt of Colorado.

If I go 2.8 there are a bunch of wheel options for the truck, but 2.2’s and I don’t see any wheels for the fronts, so I would have to change the truck itself. (This is an assumption, it is the reason I’m asking in the first place).

I was looking at the lockup’s, since there is a seller on eBay who has them for $5 less per pair than the other styles, but there is no wheel for the front offset in the 2.2’s

RC Racer
    RPM makes a set of front arms that are 5mm(?) longer than stock. I bought a set but I haven't researched yet what links/rods I need to buy to be able to install them. The goal is to get the F/R track the same so I don't have to bother trying to find offset wheels for the front everytime I buy new wheels or when I want to throw 2.2/3.0 tires from my slash 4x4 on it for a test.

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a...-stampede-2wd/

edit: thanks for the thread, finally know what else I need when I go to the LHS next to make this happen.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 05-30-2019 at 08:10 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    I saw those a-arms, but the notice from RPM is that the rig now needs 4 front wheels, and those are the ones I can't find.

RC Competitor
    You could look in Proline Badlands ive heard great things about them