RC poster

Brushless motor install from donor car

Hi everyone, I currently have a Helion Select Four 10SC and parts are hard to find since they went out of business. My servo recently failed and it could use some new tires so I am thinking about purchasing a base Slash and swapping the brushless motor and ESC from my Helion and I'll be able to continue using my 2s Lipo battery and charger.

So my question is would there be any issues using the following motor and ESC in the Slash? Any other upgrades to the Slash be required? I am not necessarily looking for top speed, I will be running it around my backyard and will be building a dirt track.

Reaktor 60-4T brushless power system
    4-Pole Sensorless Radient Reaktor4T 3500kV Brushless motor
    All Weather ESC the 60A all weather Electronic Speed Controller (ESC)

Thanks for any help

There should be no issues with installing that motor/esc combo. Install it and enjoy your new slash.

RC poster
    Would I need to upgrade the driveshaft or change the gears?

I've run a castle 4600kv motor in my rustler for 2 years and have yet to break any driveshafts or transmission gears. I would start with a 20 tooth pinion gear and an 86 tooth spur gear.

RC Racer
    I had a heliom dominus 10tr before and used that motor system in a slash before. It was fast enough for me until I got a better system

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies.

Would a Slash VXL be faster? It would be nice to have TSM and I am thinking about doing the upgrade for $68 to the base Slash.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver81 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Would a Slash VXL be faster? It would be nice to have TSM and I am thinking about doing the upgrade for $68 to the base Slash.
    The vxl system will be faster I'm pretty sure. If I remember correctly the helion system can only take 2s lipo. Vxl can take 3s

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    The vxl system will be faster I'm pretty sure. If I remember correctly the helion system can only take 2s lipo. Vxl can take 3s

It can do 3s

RC poster
    Just picked up the basic Slash with the upgraded remote and TSM. Also went ahead and bought the LCG kit.

RC Racer
    Just picked up the basic Slash with the upgraded remote and TSM. Also went ahead and bought the LCG kit.
    Nice! Toss in the motor and esc and see how it is. I bet it will be pretty good

RC poster
    So I ran it out back yesterday and it’s definitely slower than my old Helion in the dirt (4WD vs 2WD) and our Arrma Senton. On pavement though it keeps up with the Senton just fine. I’ll be installing the LCG kit today or tomorrow along with some 19/86 gears that I ordered which should help the acceleration and I’ll have to start learning suspension tweaks to keep it fast in the dirt.

RC poster
    So I installed the LCG kit and put in the optional 23/86 (my understanding stock VXL) gears in the car today and I really like how it drives now. I then put in my 3s battery I just got and the front starts lifting up and flipped on me once.

What are safe temps I should be seeing on the motor, ESC and transmission? After a few hot runs back and forth down the road for about 10 mins I saw a peak of 145 around the motor transmission area.

RC Racer
    So I installed the LCG kit and put in the optional 23/86 (my understanding stock VXL) gears in the car today and I really like how it drives now. I then put in my 3s battery I just got and the front starts lifting up and flipped on me once.

What are safe temps I should be seeing on the motor, ESC and transmission? After a few hot runs back and forth down the road for about 10 mins I saw a peak of 145 around the motor transmission area.
    Check the temp on the motor can itself. People argue about what temperature is safe but as long as it's not near 200f it should be ok. Try and keep it under 175f. The esc I'm not sure.