RC poster

Help! 1/16 e revo

Im in Florida on vaca and my brushless e revo started smoking and got hot when i hooked the battery up. The battery also got hot and i wasnt able to make it move. I can unhook the motor and its doesnt do it and my steering still works. Think its the motor. Is anyone close to panama or in Panama city beach that can help me. Looking to buy a motor or whatever i need to fix it. Sorry if i posted in the wrong spot.

What exactly was smoking? What battery are you using? You may need either a new motor and/or ESC.
    I like free stuff!

RC poster
    Was using a 2s. Pretty sure its the motor bc i can unhook it from the esc and the green light stays green instead of flashing and the battery doesn't get hot nor the esc. It didnt technically smoke but the esc got hot and put out a burnt smell. My steering steel works (motor unhooked)

Ok, could you possibly test with another motor or ESC? It sounds like your motor is cooked somehow. Do you still have a warranty? I'd give Traxxas a call if I were you, they tend to make things right.
    I like free stuff!

RC poster
    I do not. Im on vacation in Panama city. And wanted to play on the beach with it. No i doubt its under warranty im not the fisrt owner. Just wish there was a shop or someone close who had a motor and stuff forsale. Looks like im outa luck

Yeah, that stinks . But, I found a replacement motor that's a good price: Velineon Motor
    Hope the rest of your vacation goes well!
    I like free stuff!

RC Qualifier
    Try Craigslist, letgo, OfferUp and perhaps call the local pawn shops to see if they have RC cars. Buy a whole car... .. Maybe call rmg toys. Most look like toy grade vs hobby grade..

Looks like u got some shops in Pensacola. If able to make a drive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk