RC poster

Exclamation 2200 kv brushless motor in rustler 4x4

Hello all I'm a noob to the rc world and had a question I have a rustler all stock still I have a 2200 kv motor from red cat with 2 cell lipo with 25c and 60 amp esc will it run ok?

Welcome!

Don't expect blistering speeds but it will run ok. Not but . The battery and ESC specs are not something to write home about. If you have them lying around then there is nothing wrong with doing a little wrenching and experimentation. Long term though I would save my allowance and purchase something more .

Are you putting it in a brushed or brushless Rustler? If brushed then consider changing out the center driveshaft and the ring & pinion on the differential.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Welcome!

Don't expect blistering speeds but it will run ok. Not but . The battery and ESC specs are not something to write home about. If you have them lying around then there is nothing wrong with doing a little wrenching and experimentation. Long term though I would save my allowance and purchase something more .

Are you putting it in a brushed or brushless Rustler? If brushed then consider changing out the center driveshaft and the ring & pinion on the differential.
    Hey man! Thanks so much for taking the time to write me back! I have a 3300 kv brushless redcat motor think that'll run better? And should I try and do 3s or stick with 2? Yeah the motor, esc, and battery redcat sent me cuz I bought the volcano exp about 3 weeks ago and it's horrible so they sent me bunch of cool stuff so then I went and bought the rusty and right away I can tell the difference I think I'll keep both for ****s n gigs but I want to make the rusty a speed demon and I thought the lower kv would be more fun kicking up dirt and stuff but now that you mentioned it I wanna deff get something better what do you suggest? Castle? Hobbywing? I'm just learning the brands and don't know which ones are legit but I know forsure I'll never spend another dime with redcat lol the rusty is the brushed version but I took the brushed motor out and have the 3300 kv in right now Im just not impressed i should of spent the extra 80 bucks and got the vxl and the parts you mentioned to change out what ones should I order and off what site? And would it matter if I put that motor in the volcano or rusty? It would probably be the same outcome bcuz they are both 10 scale right? There's alot more science and math to this then I thought! **** sorry about the bombard of questions ive been googling for weeks and couldn't get the answers i was looking for and I'm still very new to all this just don't wanna destroy my cars ya know?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk