Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    272

    XO-1 must have and places of choice?

    Can someone advise me on whatís the initial must have upgrades for the XO-1?

    And whatís the brands of choice with hop ups as Iíve used GPM, HR and YR for my E Revo but these seem limited on this model?

    I have seen Fast Lane RC and Xtreme racing mentioned?
    Last edited by SC11; 06-01-2019 at 12:31 AM.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier kzsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    norcal
    Posts
    274
    gearing will get you to 100mph
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier kzsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    norcal
    Posts
    274
    I use amazon & traxxas
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    272
    kzsteve thanks but not really what I was getting at!

    I mean on my E Revo there was areas everyone recommend checking or replacing such as low diff oil, limiting straps, chassis brace etc so was checking out of the box what changes/add ones do must XO-1 owner do?

    Also unlike the E Revo I’ve seen a few places I’ve never heard of before being listed like I mentioned above (Fast Lane/Xtreme/EM Performance) what’s the views on these places?

    Points on my mind

    1/5 wheel conversation
    Spiral gears
    Boca bearings
    Change servo

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,028
    There are only three things you have to do to your XO-1. There are other things you can do, but they will depend on how you want to drive your XO-1

    Balance your tires.




    Install fans for when your car isn't going very fast.


    Bolt down your air dam.


    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier kzsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    norcal
    Posts
    274
    SC11
    RC Racer

    you posted it in the xo-1 forum , so I just figured ! boca bearings I use & like (size chart on line)
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,028
    Yea, but Steve, SC11 said "must have" the Traxxas bearings will last a good long time before they need changed.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier kzsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    norcal
    Posts
    274
    ohhhhhhhhhh my mistake ÖÖÖ. bummer
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Yea, but Steve, SC11 said "must have" the Traxxas bearings will last a good long time before they need changed.
    Actually I’m interested in all options!

    Must haves to get in place ready and done prior to running and then any advice on upgrades you guys like and are running.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
    Actually I’m interested in all options!

    Must haves to get in place ready and done prior to running and then any advice on upgrades you guys like and are running.
    That's the way you want to do it. I gave you (above) the "must haves" you want to do before (or shortly after) your first run. And, as far as all the different things you can do, just look though the forum. There are a lot of different things that might spark your interest. People don't write many posts here, so you can go though the lists pretty easily (a little at a time) and keep track of what you've looked at. Like I said above, depending on how you drive will determine what your interested in.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    933
    Reinforce your body with Shoe Goo and Fibatape. You will wreck and it will not be pretty.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. ReglarGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Eastern Shore, Maryland
    Posts
    4,028
    I'm a brush on bed liner guy myself. It works just as good, looks better, easier to do, and not nearly as messy.

    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier kzsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    norcal
    Posts
    274
    curious , why the deck screws in front ? (ReglarGuy )
    Last edited by kzsteve; 08-26-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    There are only three things you have to do to your XO-1. There are other things you can do, but they will depend on how you want to drive your XO-1

    ĒBalance your tires.Ē
    This. Iím new to XO-1 and tought balancing is overdoing things. But boy, those were off! And tire balancing we studiet. Much better now.
    What you guys use as a weight and how you attach it to the wheels?
    If it was a lot off, I used 1:1 car wheel weights. If just a little, I used a hot glue (and maybe something with it, a nut etc).
    Those came off right away, but I attached them back with two sided tape. Now everything hangs on, but wondering if there is something more sophisticated, like small RC car wheel weights somewhere?

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    N Dakota USA
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by BPee View Post
    This. I’m new to XO-1 and tought balancing is overdoing things. But boy, those were off! And tire balancing we studiet. Much better now.
    What you guys use as a weight and how you attach it to the wheels?
    If it was a lot off, I used 1:1 car wheel weights. If just a little, I used a hot glue (and maybe something with it, a nut etc).
    Those came off right away, but I attached them back with two sided tape. Now everything hangs on, but wondering if there is something more sophisticated, like small RC car wheel weights somewhere?
    I have used that blue poster tacky putty they sell in ten school supplies aisle to balance SLash and Rustler wheels in the past to decent success

  16. #16
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    45
    I buy lead tape from Amazon. It’s the same stuff golfers use to add weight to their clubs. I cut off small squares and stick them to the inside of the wheel. Just pile it up until the wheel is balanced. Works well and does not fall off but can be peeled off later if need be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •