Thread: Trx#8880

RC poster

Trx#8880

Eversince I installed these the batteries only last 30mins, instead of 2hrs on wheels.

Any one else having difficulty?

Trx-4 all stock, 11t pinion 45t spur as advised by instructions.
    Esc flashing red when car slows.

Reinstalled wheels and batteries are working fine (without recharging) after running tracks.

RC Racer
    I don't have experience running the tracks but I can see it killing the battery faster. More rolling resistance and just harder to turn.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The tracks have a lot more rolling resistance than just running tires, so you can expect your run times to be drastically shorter.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Wow that’s a huge reduction. I wouldn’t have expected it to kill battery by that much.
    Think I’ll pass on those now!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/iftibashir

RC Racer
    How's the preformance of them tho? Is it worth the runtime being cut that much? I'm still using my stock tires I've had since the week the trx came out and they are preforming just fine lol

RC poster
    They are awesome when crawling, but really need longer battery life when out. Feels like a waste not to use them, but it looks like another traxxas fail.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ncall1976 View Post
    They are awesome when crawling, but really need longer battery life when out. Feels like a waste not to use them, but it looks like another traxxas fail.
    I'd just keep them around until it snowed or if you were going somewhere really muddy.

RC Racer
    In what way is it a fail when Traxxas can’t change laws of physics? Can you show us one other rc crawler brand with a similar offering that doesn’t see a huge reduction in runtime when using tracks on the same battery?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    In what way is it a fail when Traxxas can’t change laws of physics? Can you show us one other rc crawler brand with a similar offering that doesn’t see a huge reduction in runtime when using tracks on the same battery?
    Yup, that is the cost of running tracks and is quite normal. Your battery life will improve as the track belts get worn in, and will likely see 45 minute run time, maybe even an hour. But, two hour run times are a thing of the past as long as you have the tracks installed.

The added stress and torque requirements is why Traxxas recommend only running your truck in low gear, high gear with the tracks will fry the motor.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    the laws of physics don't apply when trying to enjoy the hobby they are a big let down. Traxxas did not or would not inform us of the loss in battery life before purchase. Can't go for a 2hr walk with only 2 batteries that last 30mins each. not all of us can have an endless supply of 5000Mah 3s Batteries. especially at what they cost in UK. Took me 3 months to save for these and they aren't looking good value for £174

Now the tanks that henglong a Tamiya make use metal tracks, and the batteries last longer (2s and Nimh) but in order to do this the motor is directly mounted to a drive wheel on either side. thus more efficient

RC Racer
    the laws of physics don't apply when trying to enjoy the hobby they are a big let down. Traxxas did not or would not inform us of the loss in battery life before purchase.
    Would you believe it if I told you that running bigger wheels and tires than stock also has the same effect, to a lesser degree?

Should Traxxas also inform its users that driving up hill would result in shorter battery life?

I guess I just don’t know how to respond to your displeasure for what Traxxas didn’t spell out to you...

RC Racer
    I feel like traxxas shouldn't have to tell you that more rolling resistance means less runtime.

RC Racer
    They are a novelty item.
    Like any toy, practicality in all scenarios, is not a primary focus, or intention. I can understand the buyers remorse you are feeling, as i felt it as soon as i pondered the cost vs value myself.

RC Racer
    I think they are going to be fun in the winter in the snow (the cold will also reduce run times....)

2 things I want to mount and try with my TRX-4 are a snowplow blade and also a snowblower. You can purchase and download the parts to make the snowblower and the mounting brackets for TRX-4.

https://spykerworkshop.com/shop/3d-p...ow-blower-kit/

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
    They are a novelty item.
    Like any toy, practicality in all scenarios, is not a primary focus, or intention. I can understand the buyers remorse you are feeling, as i felt it as soon as i pondered the cost vs value myself.
    ^^^^Novelty item for sure
    These are for the Trx4 extremists that need to have everything Traxxas puts out, and don't care about functionality.

Even running a castle 3700kv sensored/ Mamba X on 3S its slow. Dont need weight thou as these are heavy.

Had these on my truck for 5 minutes, around the livingroom couch a few times and back into the box they went.

Dont get me wrong there cool item for sure. No buyers remorse here. Everything has a time and place. Rock, mud, and summer trailing isn't it for these.