RC Racer

Worried about lipo battery

So I had some fun in the river today with my trx 4. After I was done driving it I noticed if I shake the battery I can hear water sloshing around in it. How bad is this?

Here's some pics from today's run.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you have a bag of uncooked dry rice put it in there to pull the moisture out to prevent rust on the internal connections.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    If you have a bag of uncooked dry rice put it in there to pull the moisture out to prevent rust on the internal connections.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Alright I will. It's a hard case battery so I just popped the case apart and dried off the cells pretty well. I'll probably plug the hole in the case so water can't get in it

RC poster
    What tires and foams are those? Look nice and soft.

I epoxied my hardcase battery seams and lead hole. I think there's a tiny pebble in there still, I can hear it rattling. Will do well to keep water out also

RC Racer
    Stock tires and foams from when the truck came out lol. I was worried that maybe the lipo needed to vent or something from the wire hole but I guess it doesn't. I'll seal it up tight for next time.

After running in the river I took front and rear diffs apart and cleaned the bearings as well as all the portal bearings.

RC Racer
    My guess is the stock foams are toast, and thats why they look " nice and soft"

Might want to take those stock wheels and foams apart, and switch to closed cell foam at least. The stock rim vents let water in, but not out. In a short time, the foam will just disintegrate since they never dry out. You could put drain holes in the treads, but they still wont last long.
    Last edited by Stircrayzy; 06-02-2019 at 11:11 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
    My guess is the stock foams are toast, and thats why they look " nice and soft"

Might want to take those stock wheels and foams apart, and switch to closed cell foam at least. The stock rim vents let water in, but not out. In a short time, the foam will just disintegrate since they never dry out. You could put drain holes in the treads, but they still wont last long.
    I know they are full of water and the foams are basically gone at this point. Doesn't bother me tho as it still preforms the way I want it to

RC Racer
    That works MrJelly !
    I lost patience with wobbly tires when goin fast and had to pull mine.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
    That works MrJelly !
    I lost patience with wobbly tires when goin fast and had to pull mine.
    If they get too wobbly I'll usually just squeeze the water out. I mostly do low speed trail and crawling with it so it doesn't really bother me.

RC Enthusiast
    you can get the water out of the tires by cutting little holes in between threads

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
    you can get the water out of the tires by cutting little holes in between threads
    I've heard that before. I'm worried it will cause the tire to rip tho.