RC Champion

Rpm steering carriers

Has anyone asked RPM if they plan on releasing any front axle carriers to match the oversized bearings in the rears. I've blown a few bearings now, its really sandy and dusty where I live, and the rear bearings are lasting twice as long at least.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíd also like to know if anyone has heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    From what I've heard, they're saying the bearing they use in the rear is too big to work with the steering components up front. I'm sure they can do it but would probably require a complete redesign of both the axle carrier and caster block. Since their molds are made in the USA, I would assume they're weighing costs versus potential return on investment.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatthe4377 View Post
    From what I've heard, they're saying the bearing they use in the rear is too big to work with the steering components up front. I'm sure they can do it but would probably require a complete redesign of both the axle carrier and caster block. Since their molds are made in the USA, I would assume they're weighing costs versus potential return on investment.
    I had that thought if the axle carrier got too big the caster block would also need to be increased in size.

It would for sure improve the sales, some people may have shied away becuase theres no front and now it takes 4 different bearings to complete a full axle carrier repair. I only bought mine on the hopes RPM would make a front to match, or st least a slightly larger bearing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I had that thought if the axle carrier got too big the caster block would also need to be increased in size.

It would for sure improve the sales, some people may have shied away becuase theres no front and now it takes 4 different bearings to complete a full axle carrier repair. I only bought mine on the hopes RPM would make a front to match, or st least a slightly larger bearing.

Thatís only reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk