RC poster

8s xmaxx wont move!

Hello, day 6 and now the xmaxx wont move. Bearing went out on day two, now theres juat a spinning sound and no movement. Ive been down through and took 4 bolts out to release motor but wasnt sure on disconnecting the little wires holding motor on so i put it back together. No change. All gear/bearings inside look good. The sound and vibration is coming from the motor, not gear cover or rear end. Its more of a whirring noise than grinding. My understanding and view indicates this model does not have slipper clutch.

This is ridiculous. How do i fix it? How do i remove little wire attached to motor/fans. Im running 6s on a gently sloped hill, no jumping/extreme use. If this truck breaks this much, i’ll be reutening, asking for a new one. Not even one week on less than full power? Thanks for any feedback.

RC Racer
    So you need to remove the 4 screws holding the receiver box to unplug the wires and then take off the pinion gear to see if anything is stripped I would take it to you Local hobby shop and ask them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Here's what to do so you don't waste any more time...

Call Traxxas Customer Service @ 1-888-872-9927.

Hours:
    6:30am-7pm PST (Monday-Friday)

Traxxas has the BEST customer service. Tell them what's happening and they can hopefully help trouble-shoot it over the phone or figure out if anything needs to be replaced.

RC Racer
    Nickerz- 1+

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies. Ive already taken all the covers and gears/pinion completely out, cleaned and lubed andnput back in. All looked great. By the time i got to the little wires on the motor, Ii just didnt want to take next step bc i was fristarted to be doing any of it. 10 minutes to get back to that point is not a problem but is there really anything underneath the motor that could have any effect on this?

Traxxas is definitely being contacted tomorrow. I hope what I hear about the service is true. Perhaps they should focus on build machines that dont break so great service isnt as necessary.

RC Racer
    Try running the motor with the pinion and spur gear cover off.

Does the motor spin?
    Try it with the pinion gear off the shaft of the motor does it spin?
    If the motor shaft won’t spin then the motor is likely bad

Quote Originally Posted by Illiana View Post
    Traxxas is definitely being contacted tomorrow. I hope what I hear about the service is true. Perhaps they should focus on build machines that dont break so great service isnt as necessary.
    Based upon personal experience it has been great!

No company would last long if the volume of warrantied items was extremely high. That's too big of an expense on the income statement and cuts into their profits that they could redirect to their employees or pour into R&D. I'm pretty sure they will note trends of "problem areas" and do something with it - I hope.

Good chance they contract the building of the vehicle as well as its parts overseas (see box panels - "Made in Taiwan"??) rather than in-house so they lose some quality control and back that up with great C.S. If you've been in the hobby long enough you know that within the past few years many large companies have died or merged; for those still alive, due to some issues such as plant closings or material shortages in the Asian region parts availability became scarce - which we saw with many Traxxas servos and other parts or (my best guess) what Castle is going through with their inventory. On a side note I'm curious how Castle will survive as their site as well as their dealers have been showing an overwhelmingly large majority of their core product either not available, backordered or out-of-stock. Consumers will get tired of waiting - even their diehard fans - and purchase other brands.
    Last edited by Double G; 06-03-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    On a side note I'm curious how Castle will survive as their site as well as their dealers have been showing an overwhelmingly large majority of their core product either not available, backordered or out-of-stock. Consumers will get tired of waiting - even their diehard fans - and purchase other brands.

Good point Double G!

I had been in continuous contact with Castle for quite some time about a particular combination they sell. It is the Mamba Monster X with the 2200Kv motor (1515 1Y).

I found the combination offered on eBay for far less than what Castle Creations directly offers it for.

The thing that is curious though, is that they told me they are having a supplier problem which I have been hearing a lot about lately and just confirmed again by what you offered in your post.

To a further extent, if they are having a supplier problem (especially the combo I was looking for) - then how are new listings popping up all over the place that offer the combo, yet Castle is still out of stock or back-ordered on the items?

It seems to me that Castle is more content with offering secondary licensed suppliers of their products access to their inventory before direct long time diehard fans that go directly to their site to order something.

The problem with that, is that if secondary licensed suppliers of their products are getting discounts for buying bulk orders of their products; then why does Castle even bother to have a site?

Doesn't Castle understand that if they just sold directly to their diehard fans instead of unloading bulk shipments at insane discounts that they would make more money by putting their diehard fans first instead of secondary suppliers?

I honestly feel this is another reason companies pop up and disappear overnight. How do these companies come to the reasoning that selling discounted bulk is better than just offering the lone buyer their products and building a diehard fan base? It seems no company wants to build diehard customer fan bases anymore because of the quick profit motive.

It seems some of these companies are just in it for a quick in and out profit and then quickly fade away or merge with another company.

Greed is getting pathetic to the point that it is destroying this hobby as well.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Businesses pay the secondary suppliers to sell their goods with those bulk discounts. It's apparently cheaper than paying employees + building stores + building warehouses and all of the expenses that go with it. Keeps the company leaner and more efficient to handle slow times...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Businesses pay the secondary suppliers to sell their goods with those bulk discounts. It's apparently cheaper than paying employees + building stores + building warehouses and all of the expenses that go with it. Keeps the company leaner and more efficient to handle slow times...

If all of that is true, then why does all of the evidence point to another scenario that is happening? Businesses are not surviving using the tactics aforementioned regardless of a supplier problem. Why do all of these businesses have to merge to survive?

Look at Castle. They have been around since 1997. That is 22 years. That is nothing compared to businesses that have been around for half a century or more. Those businesses that have been around for half a century or more don't pay someone else to push or sell their products and they have many, many and many warehouses and employees and stores.

It seems to me, that building a fan base and diehard fans of a product have proven to be more successful than trying to use someone else's business to survive. I might also add that most of the businesses that have been around for half a century or more, survived/did without the internet and could do so still if the internet did not exist today - Think about that for a moment!
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 06-05-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Qualifier
    I Could be wrong, but weren’t Castle products all USA made, and then a few years they switched production to China to save money?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    I Could be wrong, but weren’t Castle products all USA made, and then a few years they switched production to China to save money?
    I believe they are designed, and assembled in the USA. Their website says the circuit boards are made in house but doesn't mention anything else. I would assume most of the components are sourced over seas or an ESC would be 400$.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I believe they are designed, and assembled in the USA. Their website says the circuit boards are made in house but doesn't mention anything else. I would assume most of the components are sourced over seas or an ESC would be 400$.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Directly from Castle in 2010 regarding motors.

‘Castle Creations owns the factory in China that manufactures our motors. Castle Holdings LLC (China) is a WOFE (a wholly owned foreign enterprise) in Zhongshan China‘

I used to be a huge Castle fan, but felt there was a drastic reduction in quality with their ESC’s at some point. They were nowhere near as reliable as they used to be, I even had a couple of ESC’s dead out the box. Ive always been a huge fan of the motors regardless of where theyre made however.

For me now, I only use Hobbywing Max series. Either a Max10sct, Max 8 or Max 6
    Last edited by Kpowell911; 06-05-2019 at 02:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiana View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Ive already taken all the covers and gears/pinion completely out, cleaned and lubed andnput back in. All looked great. By the time i got to the little wires on the motor, Ii just didnt want to take next step bc i was fristarted to be doing any of it. 10 minutes to get back to that point is not a problem but is there really anything underneath the motor that could have any effect on this?

So what was the out come????.