RC Competitor

Caster adjustment

Anyone try and have success with taking some caster out of the front? Right now I am using a few washers between the bulkhead and chassis enough to take 5 degrees out and it has made a huge difference. I don't dare go any further with washers would probably put to much stress on the lower chassis and start causing trouble with the bellcrank or even crack the lower chassis twisting it too much. Interested in hearing of others attempts to adjust even if they failed.

Anza had a -5 degree caster block...not sure if they are easy to find as of late.

I've been mulling around ideas of a custom brass bulkhead with adjustable "kick-up"....but other than some meditation on the subject I haven't pursued it yet.

Do you have some pics of the washer method?
    MTFBWY

RC Competitor
    I picked up a couple spare bulkheads and changed the angles on one by putting some rough sand paper down on the table and carefully removing material where it makes contact with the upper and lower chassis. Then with the bulkhead attached to the lower chassis drilled the new mounting holes into the bulkhead. I’ll get some pictures up, it’s at about -15 now need to get out and test it.

I'm interested in seeing what you did and look forward to pics if/when you have a chance. I have some ideas...maybe seeing what you did will help.
    MTFBWY

Whatup Jimmyrigs!

I think I cut in about half maybe more after I got done....?

MTFBWY

RC Competitor
    Awesome. How is your handling?

Whatup Jimmyrigs, I haven't finished the build yet, it will probably take a few more weeks to figure out. I think I might have overdone it. I have appx. 10-15 degrees of kickup now....maybe too little. I was trying to locate one of those half circle protractor things to measure...I may have to use some Trigonometry-finally comes in handy. This mod shortened the length a bit (which is great) and I did need to adjust the bellcrank.
    MTFBWY