RC poster

GPS 2.0 Module seems like its reading ESC Speed

All,

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have a question about the GPS module. Just installed a telemetry expander with the GPS module (newer 2.0 version both, no sensors) into my Erevo but it seems like its still reading ESC speed. When I hold the car off the ground statically and squeeze the throttle, the app registers speed- I would think it should register 0 MPH. All lights are green, brand new battery packs. I went to Telemetry Setup in the garage screen and the speed source is listed as "GPS, Receiver, or ESC" and there is the GPS icon at the top in green. The only thing that I can edit is the Sensor name. Firmware is up-to-date, no issues there. Not a big deal, just not sure if this is normal or operator error. Thanks for the help and the input. Other than that, she runs great!

RC Competitor
    My Link app does similar to this but i run the first version of he expander and GPS. What i do when i start the truck/app i go to settings and turn Off & On the GPS option and it usually detects the GPS unit and starts reading GPS Speed again. Not ideal but hope it helps you.
    Getting back into the RC game after 10 years!

RC poster
    Sounds like a good idea... I didn’t think about that. I’ll try it out over the weekend next time I take it out. Mildly frustrating but not enough to ruin the fun! I just told my self that it was calculating the ground speed of the earths rotation to make me feel like I figured it out (I know this is not true) and it eased the frustration.

RC poster
    I have the same issue with my new E-Revo 2.0. I installed the telemetry expander / gps module (updated x versions) / bluetooth link etc before using the car. The GPS finds signal and connects (green symbol on the app). I deleted the existing speed gauge and setup a new one while the car was powered up and had GPS signal. The gauge even says KPH GPS. But if I lift the car off the ground and give it some throttle the speed increases in sync with the throttle. If the speed is being delivered by the GPS it should stay a zero if the car is off the ground? I have checked that under Support > Preferences I have checked the GPS (if available) option. I have toggled this on/off as suggested on some other threads. I have deleted / reinstalled the app, refreshed etc etc etc....still the same. I know it doesn't effect the car performance but it's a lot of money to spend for something that doesn't appear to work.

Is there anything else I can try.....I would really appreciate any suggestions.

RC poster

Same issue.....

I too have the same issue. I installed the telemetry expander 2.0 and GPS module, went thru the up dates and it shows that it is connected to the satellites but the speed is still connected to the RPM rather than the movement of the truck. My voltage sensor isn't reading the correct voltage as well.
    I guess I will spend some time on the phone.