RC poster

Very bad reception

So yesterday I took my Slash to my grandparents to show it to them and try it there. I put it on the ground and turned it on, when I started to drive, 2-3 meters away from me it stopped working. When I got close enough, it started working again. I aleady did some Googling, but I couldn't really find anything of the issue I have. The antenna on the receiver (on the Slash itself) looks to be damaged just above the metal thing on the antenna wire.

RC Racer
    You might have pinched the antenna in the antenna tube. You can't really solder them back on either because they are coax cables. Also check remote batteries

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I replaced the remote batteries already, but that didn't work. When I wiggle the white wire, the LED on the receiver box flashes between solid green and fast flashing red.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDanMan View Post
    I replaced the remote batteries already, but that didn't work. When I wiggle the white wire, the LED on the receiver box flashes between solid green and fast flashing red.
    The white wire going from the esc to the reciver?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrjelly007 View Post
    The white wire going from the esc to the reciver?

No the white wire at the end of the antenna wire.
    I also tried reconnecting the Ch2 connector (assuming the receiver box gets power from there)

RC Racer
    No the white wire at the end of the antenna wire.
    I also tried reconnecting the Ch2 connector (assuming the receiver box gets power from there)
    Ah I see. Most likely then it's you antenna wire. I've tried fixing them before but I've never had any luck. As I said it's a mini coax wire wich means there are two layers of wire inside of it that need to be soldered on to two different places on the reciver board. I would call Traxxas and see if they can send you a new receiver. I think there's a 30 day electronics warranty as well so you should look into that.

RC poster
    I didn't buy it new, I bought a used one. So probably no warranty :P

RC Racer
    I didn't buy it new, I bought a used one. So probably no warranty :P
    Still I'd call Traxxas. See if you can get one sent to you or send yours in for a discount on one. I've gotten them to send me parts for cars out of warranty before. Just say it failed for no reason and they will probably work something out with you

RC poster
    Calling would be expensive (I think, I live in the Netherlands). But I think I can reach them via email.

If it is the 2.4ghz radio then the antenna length is critical. Since you said the end of the wire is damaged that is probably the issue so best to either get a replacement or search for videos on how to recut the antenna to make it work again.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If it is the 2.4ghz radio then the antenna length is critical. Since you said the end of the wire is damaged that is probably the issue so best to either get a replacement or search for videos on how to recut the antenna to make it work again.
    The text on the receiver box from top top bottom:
    "TRAXXAS LINK 2.4 GHz 2218"

RC Racer
    Take a look at this thread for some tips in repairing absolutely-HORRIBLE-range