RC poster

Rustler 4x4 brushed upgrade help

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm having trouble finding an answer. I'm new to the RC world and instantly addicted. My wife just got me a Rustler 4x4 VXL and my 9 year old a Rustler 4x4 brushed. I'm trying to do as much research on upgrading them as I can as not to mess things up too bad. There's lots of info for the VXL but not so much the brushed version. Are most of the parts interchangeable? I want to get the GTR shocks. Will the same ones that fit on the VXL fit on the brushed? Thanks for any help.

Yes. Aside from the motor, esc, differential pinion & ring, camber links and a few minor parts here and there the rest of the truck is pretty much the same.

Pull out the exploded views and you'll see many similarities between the two.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thank you. I was only wondering cause the GTR shocks don't show up as an option for the brushed version on Traxxas website. Looks like we're both getting GTR's then.

RC poster
    I just bought a brushed Rustler 4x4 and am having trouble finding gearing options. VXL info is all over but not for brushed... I know stock is 10t 32p pinion and 54t 32p spur but its tad on the slow side. Was hoping someone may have a better gearing option for better acceleration & speed. I mostly drive on hard dirt/sand infields and streets... Any help would greatly appreciated!!