RC Racer

Traxxas Tools: 7-Piece Metric Hex Bit Master Set

I just received an email from Traxxas that they now make their own bits! They look really nice but they are expensive...

https://traxxas.com/traxxas-tools?ut...20Learn%20More

RC Champion
    Apparently they are coming out with a full line of tools, but yes they are very expensive and the mip drivers are very high quality

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind you're getting a lot of tools for $79.99. There are seven different tools in those packs, along with a nice handle if don't have your drill handy, and a carry pouch.

The 3 piece speed bit sets are $29.99 - $32.99 on Traxxas.com. (Parts 8715 and 8716X)
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Keep in mind you're getting a lot of tools for $79.99. There are seven different tools in those packs, along with a nice handle if don't have your drill handy, and a carry pouch.

It is a fair price. I think what customers would be interested to know, is if the precision fit of the hex drivers is as good as MIP.

I actually have to give my MIP's a tug to disengage them from a new hex screw and a little push to insert them. That push/pull lasts about five removals and re-assemblies of the hex screw and then it starts to get a little play between the precision fit.

On top of that, MIP's have lasted me three years or more before the hardened tip becomes a little out of precision ground performance. That is incredible considering how much I use them as a speed and hand bit set.

I would buy these sets by Traxxas, if I hear in a few years time that the precision ground tips remain within tolerance of new hex screws for at least two full years under moderate to heavy use.

Heck, my MIP's actually stand up on their own when inserted into a hex screw and that is how you can tell a precision cut was applied to a very hardened material. Other knock off hex drivers have so much play that they will not even stand up on their own in the hex screw and they have 1/128th of play before engagement.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 06-04-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added something.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    It is a fair price. I think what customers would be interested to know, is if the precision fit of the hex drivers is as good as MIP.

I actually have to give my MIP's a tug to disengage them from a new hex screw and a little push to insert them. That push/pull lasts about five removals and re-assemblies of the hex screw and then it starts to get a little play between the precision fit.

On top of that, MIP's have lasted me three years or more before the hardened tip becomes a little out of precision ground performance. That is incredible considering how much I use them as a speed and hand bit set.

I would buy these sets by Traxxas, if I hear in a few years time that the precision ground tips remain within tolerance of new hex screws for at least two full years under moderate to heavy use.

Heck, my MIP's actually stand up on their own when inserted into a hex screw and that is how you can tell a precision cut was applied to a very hardened material. Other knock off hex drivers have so much play that they will not even stand up on their own in the hex screw and they have 1/128th of play before engagement.
    X2, my MIP drivers are the best so far ime, waiting to see if the Traxxas tools are real quality or not.