RC poster

default HSN and LSN turns

hi i need your help
    i read manual and its says that HSN default is 4 turns from full closed and LSN default is unscrew until head of screw is equal to outer ring

but if i do that my revo 3.3 doesnt shift in second gear and speed is really slow sound like works on very low rpm
    so in my case this is not default for my engine and carburetor

does any body have similar situation and what is a good default lsn and hsn turns for TRX3.3 engine

thanks

As the manual mentions these are the factory settings - ie default - to reset to in order to get the engine started and running. So if you get "lost" you can go back and start over; four turns from closed on the HSN, 1.75 turns on the LSN and 0.7-1.0mm idle gap.

Your tune depends on the air temp, humidity, elevation and so forth. You could even have two exact same engines next to each other and their screw positions could be different.

You need to tune from there so if you have a bit of smoke and the engine sounds like it is drowning then lean the HSN a little bit.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    After you tune your engine to where it runs good, then you can change the shift point for the transmission if it doesn't shift. Don't make the mistake of trying to tune the engine to the transmission. You could wind up running your engine too lean to get it to shift. Weather, etc. will affect your your engine tune.
    As Double G said:
    "Default" -break in settings are shown to get the motor started (and beginning settings for engine tuning) if you get mixed up where the carb settings are. Tune from these settings as a starting point as they are rich to help prevent engine damage.

RC poster
    https://youtu.be/fqRmXXOb0nA
    I recorded video how goes and sounds in "stock" carb

To much hsn?

Thanks on help guys

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Which username do you plan on using?

Yes, it sounds like the HSN is rich. Go through Traxxas's tuning guide to get it sounding nice and crisp.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    sorry now i see i have 2 acc on traxxas forum i didnt even know i am registered 2016 i will remove new one

i set 4 turn HSN and 2 turns LSn yesterday i test it and works fine i will try tunning little bit more