Thread: glitch buster?

RC Enthusiast

glitch buster?

Hi, i was wondering how you know if you need a glitch buster?

I just got the Power HD 23KG 6.0V servo for my slash ultimate, and while 90% of the time it works well, it kind of behaves a little abnormally sometimes, in particular when the battery is at low power. so i thought maybe this is why people install glitch busters?

thanks!

RC Competitor
    Well generally an external bec is the way to go, but a glitch buster would help your situation. You running the stock esc? The Traxxas escs have weak becs, so your servo might be a little much for it. Keep an eye on the esc temps, if it's getting hot faster then you'll need an external bec. You can build your own glitch buster for alot less then you can buy one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Great!! thanks for the info!!

RC Enthusiast
    What channel do i plug a glitch buster into?

RC Qualifier
    Any open one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    You can build your own glitch buster for alot less then you can buy one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If you already have the parts on hand or buy them in bulk then the cost/unit is much less than the $5-6/each online.

Don't get me wrong, I love tinkering and assembling things but the time involved, the costs of the parts may not justify the non-wallet draining price of what is already made. IMHO of course.
    Last edited by Double G; 06-04-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    The Super Derecho

I run that servo(it rocks) with a Hobbywing WP SC8 and a Racers Edge glitchbuster and it works fine. Not sure I need the glitchbuster as I think the HW bec is a bit more robust than the VXL but for $5 I figured I'd throw it on...can't really hurt.I'm with Double G...for the $5-6 I wouldn't mess around making one...buy it and plug it in...done. Also be careful how low you run your packs.....assuming you run lipo, running them too low can damage them.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl