RC poster

Tactic TTX300 Binding

Recently purchased a Slash 4x4 and I am trying to bind a Tactic remote. I have successfully managed to bind it but the throttle is not working. Steering works like a charm but I simply cannot get the throttle to dance. Any ideas?

RC Competitor
    Is the esc arming? If the esc isn't seeing a neutral signal long enough it won't arm, but you'll still have steering. Make sure throttle trim is set at 0.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
    Is the esc arming? If the esc isn't seeing a neutral signal long enough it won't arm, but you'll still have steering. Make sure throttle trim is set at 0.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Yup...

When you power on the truck, what color is the LED, is it flashing, and if it is, fast or slow?

Once you have the TX/RX bound, you need to calibrate the ESC to the TX, did you do that?

Also, before you turn on the truck, did you make sure that all of the TX trims were set to zero? If the ESC detects the throttle is not in a neutral position, it will not arm.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Thanks for the replies guys. The units appear to be binding, the ESC flashes green quickly when powered on and when I calibrate the ESC to the remote the light sequence of 1 red blink 2 red blinks occurs when I push and pull the throttle. The only question I have is about the zero position of the trim, when i turn it on i have it set to about and close to the middle as i can so I believe it should be seeing that neutral position long enough. Is this correct or should it be at one of the extremes to be counted as zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipdasquire View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. The units appear to be binding, the ESC flashes green quickly when powered on and when I calibrate the ESC to the remote the light sequence of 1 red blink 2 red blinks occurs when I push and pull the throttle. The only question I have is about the zero position of the trim, when i turn it on i have it set to about and close to the middle as i can so I believe it should be seeing that neutral position long enough. Is this correct or should it be at one of the extremes to be counted as zero?
    Not familiar with that remote, you'll need to see what the manual says the zero position is.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Problem could be that the tactic is 70/30 trigger. Your esc could be having issues finding neutral.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    That is the issue. I visited a local hobby store and they had the same issues finding neutral. Ended up just buying a TQI remote. Thanks again all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipdasquire View Post
    That is the issue. I visited a local hobby store and they had the same issues finding neutral. Ended up just buying a TQI remote. Thanks again all.
    There is a way to get the tactic to work with the traxxas esc, I currently run a ttx300 on a slash 2wd with the vxl system. Having said that, don't ask me how! I've forgotten the steps!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Competitor
    I've never had an issue with the TTX300.
    We have one that we use for a Ruster and a second one that has been in my slash 2wd and now is my slash 4x4.
    Always make sure that the dials of steering trim and throttle are in the middle, before you start binding and calibrating.