RC Champion

Another single servo thread....

Took my beast out today and just doing some road racing stripped both my stock servos which I knew was inevitable. I am looking towards Savox servos...can anyone advise which is preferred and if I will need to buy anything else to install the servo w the stock steering. I will upgrade the saver as I have read and plan to dremel off the other side of the arm. Also should I get a glitch buster running any of these?

Im leaning towards 1230sg....but are any of these better or preferred? 1231sg, 1210sg, 1256tg. I am NOT planning on using external bec. Will be run of the stock set up. Thanks for the quick advice as I need to get it ordered ASAP!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Took my beast out today and just doing some road racing stripped both my stock servos which I knew was inevitable. I am looking towards Savox servos...can anyone advise which is preferred and if I will need to buy anything else to install the servo w the stock steering. I will upgrade the saver as I have read and plan to dremel off the other side of the arm. Also should I get a glitch buster running any of these?

Im leaning towards 1230sg....but are any of these better or preferred? 1231sg, 1210sg, 1256tg. I am NOT planning on using external bec. Will be run of the stock set up. Thanks for the quick advice as I need to get it ordered ASAP!
    I run the 1231, no BEC needed, plenty of torque, been reliable, been sprayed off with the garden hose probably 50 times. Work horse, simple, affordable, good choice. I believe the 1230 is pretty much the same servo, just slightly stronger and a little slower. Either would be good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickruger; 06-04-2019 at 08:36 PM.

RC Champion
    Thanks Nick. Any brown out issues running off the stock esc and receiver, need for a glitch buster?

Also if I run on receiver side, do i need an extension?
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 06-04-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Thanks Nick. Any brown out issues running off the stock esc and receiver, need for a glitch buster?

Also if I run on receiver side, do i need an extension?
    No brown out issues with the vxl6s or mamba monster x. I'm not running an extension, but if you want tidy, well routed wiring you'll need one. This is a direct shot to the reciever and there is just enough slack that it doesn't make me nervous.

RC Champion
    Cool thank you! Where did you get your block out plate for the extra hole from the removed servo? Got a part #?

Any benefit if I run a glitch buster or should I say any issues w running one on the stock setup?
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Cool thank you! Where did you get your block out plate for the extra hole from the removed servo? Got a part #?

Any benefit if I run a glitch buster or should I say any issues w running one on the stock setup?
    The part # is TRA5326x. It's for a revo 3.3. It doesn't fit very good. If one of your 2075 servos is useless, take it apart and use the the output cover to fill in the spot. It looks cooler and works better. And dont worry about the glitch buster. I dont think it's necessary.

Last edited by nickruger; 06-04-2019 at 10:10 PM.

RC Champion
    Great idea sir! Ordering now the servo, heavy duty saver, 3" extension now. Thanks for the help..been wanting to go single servo and blowing both of my stock ones made it a must now...I'm going with what you have the 1231. Good to know I can still hose the truck down too! Really appreciate the help brother!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Great idea sir! Ordering now the servo, heavy duty saver, 3" extension now. Thanks for the help..been wanting to go single servo and blowing both of my stock ones made it a must now...I'm going with what you have the 1231. Good to know I can still hose the truck down too! Really appreciate the help brother!
    No problem, someone helped me with these very things. That's what we are all here for. Enjoy.

RC Champion
    Last question...I didn't order a servo horn...will one of the ones with the new servo work and is there a way to set end points w the factory Traxxas radio?
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Last question...I didn't order a servo horn...will one of the ones with the new servo work and is there a way to set end points w the factory Traxxas radio?
    Yes. I used the factory horn, kept the other one for a spare, haven't needed it yet. Yes you can set end points with the factory radio.

RC Qualifier
    Could just be me, but Ive never been able to get a Savox to work with stock Traxxas or Castle esc’s without a BEC (mainly 1256’s).

Savox servos are excellent however, I just seem to always need an external BEC.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Could just be me, but Ive never been able to get a Savox to work with stock Traxxas or Castle esc’s without a BEC (mainly 1256’s).

Savox servos are excellent however, I just seem to always need an external BEC.
    Poop. Well I guess here is to hoping. You try em on the Vxl-6s? It has the built in BEC at 20a max draw supposedly.

What issues should i be looking out for and should I be careful doing speed runs? I dont want my truck powering off at speed...already went through that issue w bad ESCs from the factory.
    Last edited by RICK DIZZLE; 06-05-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

Poop. Well I guess here is to hoping. You try em on the Vxl-6s? It has the built in BEC at 20a max draw supposedly.

What issues should i be looking out for and should I be careful doing speed runs? I dont want my truck powering off at speed...already went through that issue w bad ESCs from the factory.
    You'll be fine. Lots of people say that statement about Savox servos, lots of people have ran the 1231sg without a problem. Both have some truth to them.

RC Qualifier

I just bought two Power HD $39.00 each all metal water proof and tons of torque. 319 oz of torque at 6Vs.
    So far they are more the it needs push MX .38 badlands around like nothing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-HD-WP...ss!11949!US!-1

RC Champion
    Installed my new Savox 1231sg single servo tonight. All I can say is what a HUGE difference from stock. For my set up I ran the upgraded servo saver for metal geared servos, used a dremel to cut off the driver side arm and neatly cleaned it up with a sanding wheel so it looked stock. Ran the Savox 1231sg with a 3 inch servo extension lead to the receiver on the passanger side of the truck. For now I used my stock servo horn with no issues. Once I got it all centered and small amount of sub trim added, I set my endpoints using Link. Took the truck out for a quick night run. Immediately saw that the Savox servo doesn't like the TSM. With TSM only at 7, as soon as I gave it throttle, steering would cut down to almost nothing. All worked but just had almost no throw. Turned TSM off to zero, and all works 100%. Super fast and responsive steering like amazing. Anyway to work around the TSM issue so I can still use it?
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    can you put a video with Tsm on and off?

Inviato dal mio SM-A310F utilizzando Tapatalk

With that servo I've found that there is a dead spot with tsm. By seven, do you mean seven out of ten? Seven o clock? There was a time that I thought my servo went bad, I turned the tsm knob and magically started working again. After experimenting, I found that one spot on the tsm completely killed all steering function. Play with it a little. The servo will work with tsm, you just have to find the sweet spot.

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

I had a couple of weird issues the very first time I powered it on. Not a single issue since. I ran it right at 50% TSM last night. Still good after more than a year.

RC Champion
    I use my Link to set my TSM. I had it set at 7% out of 100. I street race my E Revo and run GRP race wheels and tires. I find that TSM set up under 10% works great for my needs. Kinda acts like a launch control of the line if my tires break loose and I get wheel spin. Keeps me pointed straight. Ill fiddle with it today and try different percentages of TSM and post results. Thanks for the help fellas!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Champion
    Alright, set my TSM to 10% or 10 out of 100 via link and now no issue at all. Working great. Did notice that this servo gets mighty hot. Anyone know of any external heat sinks that could help w cooling?
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM