RC poster

First run on my mamba max E-Maxx

Hey yall finally got around to running a pack through my new to me mamba max. It ran great, I can see a few upgrades that are necessary but more importantly I noticed the top end was quite slow. Also there was no brakes and by that I mean either the brakes were 0 percent applied or 100 percent applied in the sense that the truck would not slow down just lock up every wheel causing it to flip forward every single time. The previous owner mentioned to me that he had it programmed to have limited power for his young son. Could this be why the top end was not as fast as I was expecting? The motor spins up very fast and can hear it just flat line at what looks like around 30-40 mph. Im running it on 2 2s batteries (4s total). I was also wondering what the red thumb trigger does on the controller. Like what the old 14.4v e maxxs Had. The shift on the fly. Mine seems to do nothing. I was wondering if the Traxxas link programming saves data and maybe the truck is still programmed to be toned down? It had plenty of Torque but I was expecting it to be more powerful/faster/harder to control on 4s. Thank you! The next pack I run Im gunna mess around with the Traxxas link programming.

RC Enthusiast
    Are you using the Traxxas ESC or Momba ESC? I know there are settings with the Traxxas ESC that you can access with holding down the button on the ESC to enter 2 to 3 different modes. I know one is normal and the other is for training use, which places the power level at 50% max.
    If you have the Momba ESC then you need to get a Momba ESC programmer so you can verify settings with power levels, punch levels, braking power, reverse power levels, LVC cutoff settings, timing settings and LiPo cell count settings.

What is the complete set up? Also, no need to worry about extra buttons on the transmitter. Those are used for other options on other Traxxas vehicles that can use the extra channel for other options like reverse for gas powered vehicles or locker engagement. You don't have these options so no need to worry about that extra button.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Just put your transmitter and ESC back to their factory settings, and go from there.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Just put your transmitter and ESC back to their factory settings, and go from there.
    Any idea on how thats done? I suppose I can google it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by laajmalek View Post
    Are you using the Traxxas ESC or Momba ESC? I know there are settings with the Traxxas ESC that you can access with holding down the button on the ESC to enter 2 to 3 different modes. I know one is normal and the other is for training use, which places the power level at 50% max.
    If you have the Momba ESC then you need to get a Momba ESC programmer so you can verify settings with power levels, punch levels, braking power, reverse power levels, LVC cutoff settings, timing settings and LiPo cell count settings.

What is the complete set up? Also, no need to worry about extra buttons on the transmitter. Those are used for other options on other Traxxas vehicles that can use the extra channel for other options like reverse for gas powered vehicles or locker engagement. You don't have these options so no need to worry about that extra button.

It’s a stock brushless e maxx with the mamba 1/8 esc/motor set up. I suppose I can buy what I need to program it offline or maybe my local hobby shop?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by laajmalek View Post

Its a stock brushless e maxx with the mamba 1/8 esc/motor set up. I suppose I can buy what I need to program it offline or maybe my local hobby shop?

RC Enthusiast
    I'd buy a Momba ESC programmer online

Quote Originally Posted by MustangModMotor View Post
    Any idea on how that’s done? I suppose I can google it.
    You can get the information you need from your owners manual (free), or try taking a peek at YouTube (free). To do it by computer is 20 bucks for what you need, and to do it with your phone is 40 bucks for what you need.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.