RC Qualifier

Does Traxxas make a plastic insert for motor mounts?

I recently changed out the stock spur & pinion gear configuration to a 46t spur 18t pinion. This set up is suppose to produce 65mph and is on of the recommendation there make in there manual.

I had to remove the plastic insert that sets the mesh for the motor, where the chrome screw gets inserted to to mount the motor. I set the mesh by hand. Iím not going to lie, using the paper method didnít really set it properly. You needed to back it off a hair before tightening the screw completely. Anyway it all good now, but I kind of like having that plastic pcs to brace the screw between and help keep the motor from moving during hard braking or hard accelerating.

Does anyone know if Traxxas make different inserts for different spur and pinion configurations?

RC Champion
    Not that I have found. I do the same method as you with the paper trick. Been working perfect on my 20/46 set up.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Not that I have found. I do the same method as you with the paper trick. Been working perfect on my 20/46 set up.
    Are you using lock-tight, extra lock washer or just the standard screw and washer?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    Are you using lock-tight, extra lock washer or just the standard screw and washer?
    I'm using just the same screws and washers that was with the stock setup just minus the plastic spacer. Dab of blue loctite on both bolts and been set with no issues.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM