RC poster

Stampede Driving power issues

I have 2 Stampede electric models. One is one the originals from late 1990s and the other is about 4 or 5 years old. Both are having what appears to be a torque issue. They basically cannot drive the wheels when set on the ground. If I remove the motor from the truck it runs as expected. I think I may need to rebuild my transmissions, but not sure what parts are needed. I see the different parts listed, but will I need the clutch, planetary gears or both or anything else. My original Stampede was a kit that had to be built that I assembled years ago. I have no issue taking apart for repair, just need to know what I need. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by tmanstls; 06-06-2019 at 10:09 AM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanstls View Post
    I have 2 Stampeded electric models. One is one the originals from late 1990s and the other is about 4 or 5 years old. Both are having what appears to be a torque issue. They basically cannot drive the wheels when set on the ground. If I remove the motor from the truck it runs as expected. I think I may need to rebuild my transmissions, but not sure what parts are needed. I see the different parts listed, but will I need the clutch, planetary gears or both or anything else. My original Stampede was a kit that had to be built that I assembled years ago. I have no issue taking apart for repair, just need to know what I need. Any help is appreciated.
    Have you checked the slip clutch disk I'm sure I didn't pronounce it correct its on your spur gear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I believe I have if it is the Spring loaded thing attached on the outside of the gearbox. Not sure what to check other than it is all there. I have tried adjusted the screw by tightening and loosing, but no change.

RC Qualifier
    It's most likely the idler gear inside the gearbox. Possibly the top shaft or differential but idlers tend to go.
    Your model (especially the other one) may have a plastic idler gear. Be sure to upgrade to steel.
    Sounds like its time to open it all up and have a look...

RC poster
    I plan on cracking them open this weekend. Just wanted to get an idea of what to look for. Thanks.