RC Racer

Painting a Body White??

I have a new body for my Rustler and really like the look of a clean white paint job. Based on pictures, it looks like I will be painting the windows black instead of leaving them clear. I really like the contrast. I also have some flag decals(masking) to put on the side of the body that will be painted black. I have done one body before but it was red backed with white so I didn't have to worry about the black bleeding through. Any tips on keeping the white bright?? I have read to back with silver but wasn't sure if I should be putting tons of coats of white on first or what my best bet would be.

Thanks!
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

Just make sure you have good coverage of the white. Use several light coats of white and check that you have complete coverage (look at a light source through the body to check). Once satisfied, let it dry, pull the masks off and black it out.

Good luck and post pics once you're done!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Thanks for that. Makes me a little less worried about screwing it up! Pics to follow.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs

Here a pic of the one I did in white:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...atinum-Edition

The windows are actually a dark tint.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    I just realized I ordered gun metal and not black paint. Shouldn’t change anything an I actually think it might look better than black would. I saw that tundra body in another thread and it looks great. Something about white just looks good.
    Slash 4x4
    Rustler VXLs