RC Racer

Help with tekno m6.

So I just got new front and rear tekno m6 axles for my slash 4x4 and I've really had nothing but problems with them. The front left axle carrier snapped from a tumble at 30mph and all the hexes that came with the kit have rounded off. I also just had a diff cup explode on me after doing some jumps. I've heard these are pretty tough and I'm really disappointed that they didn't live up to the hype.

The diff cup from what we can tell is the lightened version wich has the sides of it cut out to save weight apparently. If the sides weren't cut out it probably wouldn't have given out. Does anyone know if there's a non lightened one you can get?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Thatís concerning... Hopefully it was just a defective drive cup?

Iíve had a set front and rear on my slash for a while now and I run a HobbyWing Xr8 2650kv on 4s. The only problem Iíve had was the shaft kept popping out while I was still tuning the suspension.

I did a quick search and nobody has the non-lightened versions at least that I could find... The only thing I did see was people selling complete sets with what looked like the solid non-lightened drive cups. But that would be an expensive kick in the teeth to have to buy them again...

Hopefully someone else can find something for you. Iíd say give the lightened drive cups another shot but thatís your call. Hopefully if you do it doesnít happen again.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rants86 View Post
    Thatís concerning... Hopefully it was just a defective drive cup?

Iíve had a set front and rear on my slash for a while now and I run a HobbyWing Xr8 2650kv on 4s. The only problem Iíve had was the shaft kept popping out while I was still tuning the suspension.

I did a quick search and nobody has the non-lightened versions at least that I could find... The only thing I did see was people selling complete sets with what looked like the solid non-lightened drive cups. But that would be an expensive kick in the teeth to have to buy them again...

Hopefully someone else can find something for you. Iíd say give the lightened drive cups another shot but thatís your call. Hopefully if you do it doesnít happen again.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've also seen that you can't buy them any more. I'm gonna go to the hobby shop tomorrow and see if they have any diff cups that might fit. Doubt it tho

I would contact tekno. The lightened diff cups are actually pretty durable. I think you might of got a bad one or had a pretty horrific crash.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    I would contact tekno. The lightened diff cups are actually pretty durable. I think you might of got a bad one or had a pretty horrific crash.

I agree. Tekno will take care of you.

I've seen the individual axles pop up from time to time on Ebay.

My problem with the Tekno's is that the stub shafts always seemed to bend during bashing. My MIP 5mm axles have held up better than the Tekno M6's. The plastic hexes for the Tekno's are garbage too and I also had issues with them rounding off. It's annoying because if you want to run different hexes, you have to drill out the center to fit the axles.

I know a lot of people love the Tekno's but they didn't work well for me.
    Last edited by MtnBkr; 06-07-2019 at 08:09 AM.

They do sell aluminum hexes. Would be nice if they were included like the steel ones in the mip kit.
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-r...r1654x/p187619

RC Champion
    I agree must have been a bad cup, I have ran Tekno axles for 2 years on my 8s slash and all seems durable to me. now the plastic hexs are soft but i run the 17mm conversion.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley