Thread: Big tires

RC Racer

Big tires

What size tires do you run on your 2.0?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I run Badlands mx38

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Shockwaves and Blockades. Tried trencher x, super swampers, and MX38s, found them all to be to big and clunky for my liking. I will say the Badland MX pattern is the best ever, all the way from the 2.8s to MX43.

Last edited by nickruger; 06-07-2019 at 08:48 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Shockwaves and Blockades. Tried trencher x, super swampers, and MX38s, found them all to be to big and clunky for my liking. I will say the Badland MX pattern is the best ever, all the way from the 2.8s to MX43.
    So, Nickruger, it seems like the Badlands MX38 on F-11 rims are similar in size to original traxxas talon EXT tires...are they bigger?
    What about the Badlands on Desperado rims? these seems too thin and short compared to original.
    I know it is preferable to have all 4 tires the same, but at nearly $100 a set, I was thinking of just getting a pair...is this a bad idea to mix and match tires/brands?
    Thanks
    -Razzy

Quote Originally Posted by razzy8 View Post
    So, Nickruger, it seems like the Badlands MX38 on F-11 rims are similar in size to original traxxas talon EXT tires...are they bigger?
    What about the Badlands on Desperado rims? these seems too thin and short compared to original.
    I know it is preferable to have all 4 tires the same, but at nearly $100 a set, I was thinking of just getting a pair...is this a bad idea to mix and match tires/brands?
    Thanks
    -Razzy
    Sorry these aren't the best pictures, but the mx38s are considerably bigger. It is not advised to run 2 different sets of tires that vary in size on a 4x4 vehicle.

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry these aren't the best pictures, but the mx38s are considerably bigger. It is not advised to run 2 different sets of tires that vary in size on a 4x4 vehicle.

Thanks for the pic Nickruger, that helps alot.
    I agree, those are a bit big and bulky.
    So what about the Badlands on Desperado rims...the specs say that they are quite a bit smaller...or do you like the Shockwaves or Blockades better?
    I think I read that people thought the Shockwaves got torn up a bit too fast on cement?
    Cheers,
    -Razzy

Thanks for the pic Nickruger, that helps alot.
    I agree, those are a bit big and bulky.
    So what about the Badlands on Desperado rims...the specs say that they are quite a bit smaller...or do you like the Shockwaves or Blockades better?
    I think I read that people thought the Shockwaves got torn up a bit too fast on cement?
    Cheers,
    -Razzy
    I don't run on asphalt or cement so I can't speak for shockwaves on that aspect. Original badlands are known for wearing very fast on paved surfaces. The size of the original badlands are a bit small, but alot of people like them. I will say that over time the blockades do get pretty stretchy. Mine are taped so they don't balloon bad, but I could see how an untaped set would be problematic. I like the blockades because you can drift them pretty good, but they hook up straighline very well. The shockwaves size and weight is perfect for the erevo 2.0. That is probably the best all around option.

RC Enthusiast
    I don't run on asphalt or cement so I can't speak for shockwaves on that aspect. Original badlands are known for wearing very fast on paved surfaces. The size of the original badlands are a bit small, but alot of people like them. I will say that over time the blockades do get pretty stretchy. Mine are taped so they don't balloon bad, but I could see how an untaped set would be problematic. I like the blockades because you can drift them pretty good, but they hook up straighline very well. The shockwaves size and weight is perfect for the erevo 2.0. That is probably the best all around option.

Thanks Nickruger,
    I think I'm going to go with the Shockwaves from Amazon $47/tire...to you by any chance have a picture of the Shockwaves compared to stock Talon EXT tires?
    Again, I appreciate all your help!
    -Razzy

Thanks Nickruger,
    I think I'm going to go with the Shockwaves from Amazon $47/tire...to you by any chance have a picture of the Shockwaves compared to stock Talon EXT tires?
    -Razzy
    I'm out and about, I can take a picture when I get home for you.

RC Champion
    Thanks Nickruger,
    -Razzy
    Hey Razzy...just making sure you realize they are $47 for two, a pair not each. Reading your post I didnt want you ordering 4 sets when you only need 2 sets.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Hey Razzy...just making sure you realize they are $47 for two, a pair not each. Reading your post I didnt want you ordering 4 sets when you only need 2 sets.
    Rick,
    Ya, I knew it was for a pair-typo on previous message...good catch ...
    I thought you could go back and edit messages...but it doesn't seem to want to work right now

RC Champion
    Sounds great! Just looking out for ya! Good luck on your purchase and build.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

This isn't on the revo, already had the wheels off this truck, it is similar in size to the revo 2.0.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the pics Nickruger...I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the pics Nickruger...I really appreciate it!
    No problem. Sorry they were a little messy. I have too many projects going at once.

RC Champion
    IMO...I think the Proline Shockwaves look much better size wise then the stocks. I always felt the stock wheels and tires looked to big on the E Revo 2.0
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Competitor
    FWlW Proline Badland MX38. Big regret. Ballooning is insane, extra weight has it tearing push rod ends like before I added limiting straps.
    Last edited by MT79; 06-17-2019 at 01:33 AM.
    Slash Nitro
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo 2.0

RC Enthusiast
    Dont mean to jump in and thread jack but, will the shockwaves fit on the badlands rim?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk