RC poster

I need help please, I wanna run this thing!

So Iíve had my Xmaxx for a few weeks now and Iíve driven it lightly almost everyday, I decided to order some shock covers, proline bead locks and a traxxas Xmaxx light kit! Well I parked the truck and storage charged my lipos on two traxxas EZ-Peak live chargers using traxxas 6700mah lipos, they chimed when they were done and I unplugged them and the chargers from the wall. This was all four days ago...

Fast forward to today, I put on my new tires, installed my lights and shock covers and was ready to head out, only thing left was to charge up the batteries! Hereís my problem BOTH chargers when plugged in light up ALL lights SOLID and thatís it, it will sync to my phone but it wonít leave the paired charger screen, what has happened? All the batteries show good when I put them in the truck sitting at 3/4 charge?

Iím lost on this....any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as this isnít how I wanted to get back into the hobby.....

Take your chargers and batteries to your (LHS), and have them try one of your batteries with one of their chargers and one of their batteries with one of your chargers.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    I would’ve thought it was the batteries but the chargers don’t even chime when you plug them in, all the lights illuminate, like every last one the store, fast, balance and all the charge lights, they should be cycling up until a battery is plugged in.

Who knows for sure. That's the problem for me. What you're saying is that both your chargers are doing the exact same thing. What's the odds of having two chargers or two batteries going bad at the same time? Pretty slim. So, when you have something goofy like that, the best way to get to the bottom of what's going on is to substitute (one at a time) each questionable item (in your operation loop) with a known good.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Goingdef View Post
    So Iíve had my Xmaxx for a few weeks now and Iíve driven it lightly almost everyday, I decided to order some shock covers, proline bead locks and a traxxas Xmaxx light kit! Well I parked the truck and storage charged my lipos on two traxxas EZ-Peak live chargers using traxxas 6700mah lipos, they chimed when they were done and I unplugged them and the chargers from the wall. This was all four days ago...

Fast forward to today, I put on my new tires, installed my lights and shock covers and was ready to head out, only thing left was to charge up the batteries! Hereís my problem BOTH chargers when plugged in light up ALL lights SOLID and thatís it, it will sync to my phone but it wonít leave the paired charger screen, what has happened? All the batteries show good when I put them in the truck sitting at 3/4 charge?

Iím lost on this....any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as this isnít how I wanted to get back into the hobby.....
    What was the outcome?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by REVO-KN-EVIL View Post
    What was the outcome?
    I called my local hobby store that I bought them from and just before leaving decided to plug them in one last time, sure enough both light up solid with fans running full blast...I went into the next room and pulled out my phone and pulled up the app, when I heard them connect and chime in the next room then they both showed up on the app as ready to charge? I haven’t linked them back to anything Bluetooth since and haven’t had any problems.

I think unplugging them while they’re paired to your phone or tablet somehow bricked them, that’s all I can figure since it happened to both at the same time and since the app being paired for the 500th time somehow brought them back to life?

RC Qualifier
    You have to make sure the batteries are plugged in very firmly the first few times. Also just plug one charger in and then connect the battery before doing the same with the second one. I have found this helps when I want them to be recognized by my phone.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster
    That happened to me I called traxxas they gave me a rma number and want it sent back. Nothing to troubleshoot.

Lights all on. Fan running. Would not hook to app. Would not charge. It’s a software glitch!

RC poster
    Plug it in and sync the app to it after downloading a fresh version, that’s what fixed

RC poster
    When I contacted traxxas and we walked through what it was doing they weren’t interested in doing any troubleshooting. I have multiple traxxas Id chargers. They wanted it back. They figured it was a hardware problem with the charger.

RC poster
    I’m glad mine started working then, I hate waiting to play�� good news is they haven’t bricked again!