RC Enthusiast

ESC VXL-3S Unusual Problem

Hi I got a used Slash 4X4 it is in good condition and the ESC while I was fiddling with it made an very unusual behavoiur now.

I will try to explain

1. It does not turn ON now. - The servo moves and the radio receiver works with the remote but the ESC does not want to turn ON.

2. BUT, if I press the power Button on the ESC while plugging the battery it turns ON but then I cannot turn OFF the ESC after playing as well.

Please anyone kindly help me if needed to reach out to Traxxas I would I just need your help please.

RC Racer
    What was the “fiddling” you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have an external BEC installed, the RX and servo are powered by the ESC.

When you power up the ESC, what color is the ESC's LED, is it blinking, and how fast?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Unless you have an external BEC installed, the RX and servo are powered by the ESC.

When you power up the ESC, what color is the ESC's LED, is it blinking, and how fast?
    When I plug the battery the servo turns green and the ESC nothing, it does not turn ON.

When I press the power on the ESC and hold it, then plug the battery it goes from green then red or when I release it immediately after the green it stays green and the motor works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    What was the “fiddling” you did?

I was trying to move it from Lipo source to Nimh and may have pressed the power button twice then hold and anything in between
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-11-2019 at 02:02 PM. Reason: merge

Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

It almost sounds like you have a problem with the button. If you can turn it on and it stay on, it's good. I always unplug the battery to turn my trucks off.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

It almost sounds like you have a problem with the button. If you can turn it on and it stay on, it's good. I always unplug the battery to turn my trucks off.
    the addiction is real LOL

but the power button works and turns on when I press it and plug the battery, only then and not when I plug the battery and press power,

Quote Originally Posted by cxray999 View Post
    the addiction is real LOL

but the power button works and turns on when I press it and plug the battery, only then and not when I plug the battery and press power,
    That is a strange problem. You may want to call Traxxas support in the morning. They would be the best to solve this problem or give you warranty return options.

RC Enthusiast
    That is a strange problem. You may want to call Traxxas support in the morning. They would be the best to solve this problem or give you warranty return options.

It is strange to the fifth level I have another 2wd traxxas and it is working as it should

I enailed traxxas and there is no reply yet.

Hi anyone?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-11-2019 at 02:02 PM. Reason: merge

As stated earlier, give Traxxas support a call (not e-mail): 1-888-TRAXXAS
    Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Maybe I missed the answer: what ESC and motor do you have? Rx and tx?
    The Super Derecho

Not sure about his motor, but the thread title says VXL-3S.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

I scrutinized the post and replies but forgot about the title. You're right. I guess I want to make sure we are all on the same page as to what is installed.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    All stock Velineon motor and vxl-3s

I have never sent Traxxas support an email. When you call and speak to a live person they jump right in and help

Traxxas Marshal
    I have never sent Traxxas support an email. When you call and speak to a live person they jump right in and help
    I've always had great support via e-mail (even before becoming a moderator here ), but a phone call during business hours would certainly be the fastest way to get in touch with them.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    I've always had great support via e-mail (even before becoming a moderator here ), but a phone call during business hours would certainly be the fastest way to get in touch with them.
    Yes they jump right in on the call, and I availed of my lifetime warranty thing and sent the ESC and Velineon to Traxxas let us see hope they fix it or much better replace it with a brand new one.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by cxray999 View Post
    Yes they jump right in on the call, and I availed of my lifetime warranty thing and sent the ESC and Velineon to Traxxas let us see hope they fix it or much better replace it with a brand new one.
    I'm sure you'll be well taken care of. Let us know when you're back up and running!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    I'm sure you'll be well taken care of. Let us know when you're back up and running!
    they got my package hope they replace or fix the problem

RC poster
    Last time I sent a esc and motor they didn't even bother with it and sent me everything new. This is why I love Traxxas, and they always sent ups blue to my door.. 3 days max.