RC poster

My slash is faster in reverse?

Hey everyone Iíve just bought myself a Slash 4x4 with an after market hacker skylark motor and esc and when I turn it on to use it it lacks a lot of power in forward but in reverse this thing just shoots off like it should in forward but itís in reverse , anyone know the problem?

Welcome to the Traxxas forums!

Try swapping 2 of the motor wires and switch the forward/reverse throttle directions on your Tx.

Good luck!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    ^^^^^What he said^^^If it's a brushless motor that is senorless, take any two of the three wires and reverse them. Then there should be a switch or a mode on your transmitter to change throttle direction.
    Basically the esc sees the motor going in reverse. Going in reverse the esc will be giving only 50% power in most cases.

RC poster
    It’s a sensored brushless and when I swapped the wires it sounds like the gears are grinding

A sensored motor has to have all three wires going to the ESC in the proper order: A to A, B to B, and C to C.
    Not sure what is going on with your system. Is it possible to contact Hacker for help?

Good luck.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

I ran into this with a castle system. When first installed it went backwards, after switching the transmitter throttle direction it did the exact same thing. Pedal to the medal in reverse, slow as all get out in forward. I had to go into the esc and change the direction of the motor, switch my transmitter back to normal and calibrate transmitter to esc. Being it's a censored system, it more than likely has a motor direction setting. Change that setting and switch the transmitter setting from what it is now. Just my .04 (inflation).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Thankyou so much mate you’ve helped me a lot thank you so much!!!