RC poster

Wink Setup For a Mamba Monster X with 2200kv 1/10 Summit

I have a Summit 1/10 with minor upgrades paired with a mamba monster X and a 2200kv Motor Which gearing should I use for really high speed it has upgraded e revo diffs and driveshafts, with torque still enough to lift the front wheel of the ground and how does the gearing work? Another question I have is can I Run A Stock Titan 775 with the mamba monster X with out changing anything?

Thanks again

RC Qualifier
    To run a brushed motor, like the 775 on your summit using the MMX ESC, youíll need a castle link to change the setting in the ESC to brushed motor instead of brushless. I am running an 18v rigid motor paired with an older MMM, and have it setup in brushed motor mode. Works well. As for gearing, try 18/54. And go up from there. You may want to buy a a few pinions and also a few different spur gears so you can get what you want as far as speed goes. To me the summit just isnít made for speed. Not to say you can make it fast, but IMO, itís more of a trail truck and not a speed run vehicle.

RC poster
    Thanks, Lastly another question i have is how does the gearing work like lower the gear higher the torque or speed. Can you give me an example I'am a noob lol.

RC Qualifier
    Lower gearing gives more torque and less top speed. Higher gearing will give less torque and more top speed. And as far as pinion and spur gears. Larger pinion and smaller spur gear equals higher gearing. A smaller pinion and larger spur gear equals lower gearing. On my truck currently I run 18 tooth pinion and a 68 tooth spur gear. The pinion is the smaller gear and the spur the larger one. Hope all this helps. Enjoy that summit. They are a great trail truck!!

RC poster
    What kind of speeds can I hit with that gearing what is ur top speed?
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Iím not running a brushless motor so too speed isnít very fast. Mine is more setup for trail running. For good speed and decent torque I wound suggest 18/54 or 18/56. This will give decent top speed and still maintain decent torque with the 2200kv motor. You can gear up a little more but I wouldnít go too crazy as you will lose torque. Hope this helps.