RC Competitor

Help me making an RC Buggy decision!

Right now, I have a Bandit VXL. The thing is awesome except for how it goes through the rear tires which is really annoying. I want to purchase an Arrma Typhon 3s. I would just buy it additionally and keep the bandit, but I'm trying to limit my RC's to 2 cars, so I can spend more time on upgrades etc. The bandit is only a few months old and would be very hard to let go. Should I keep the Bandit or sell it and get the Typhon? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you very much!

Instead of purchasing something pre-built, have you considered purchasing a kit? For 1/10, as well as 1/8, there are several 2WD & 4WD options available. Although I prefer TLR, Team Associated also makes great kits. Considering you mentioned possible 'upgrades' (down the road, I'm assuming), in buying a kit, you learn all the parts, and are somewhat "better equipped" in understanding upgrades. I have 3 Traxxas vehicles (2 of which are in the early stages on "conversion"), but I also have 3 vehicles (2 TLR, 1 XRAY) built from kits.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CountOmar63 View Post
    Right now, I have a Bandit VXL. The thing is awesome except for how it goes through the rear tires which is really annoying. I want to purchase an Arrma Typhon 3s. I would just buy it additionally and keep the bandit, but I'm trying to limit my RC's to 2 cars, so I can spend more time on upgrades etc. The bandit is only a few months old and would be very hard to let go. Should I keep the Bandit or sell it and get the Typhon? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you very much!
    The Typhon 3s is a very different animal than the bandit being a 4wd buggy in 1/8 size scale, I imagine you will miss the small and nimble Bandit that scoots along just fine on even NiMH batteries.

One thing you could also look into is the Chuckworks Buggy, which is the next level in what you can do with the Bandit if you want a challenge and build a better buggy using existing parts. Iím building a Rusty2 and kinda wish I got the buggy instead. Just a thought.

RC Racer
    Iím building a Hyper VS buggy from Hobao right now......itís strictly a speed run rig, but if thatís an angle you like, these things are perfectly balanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk