RC Competitor

Max6 ESC setup help

I have a HW max 6 esc on the way for my X-Maxx 8s along w/ a couple traxxas 3070x esc male ends. What gauge wire should I use between the two esc ends?
    This is my 1st esc install so I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing or messing anything up. FWIW I bought the traxxas 6700 mah 4s batteries/ charger kit already when I got the truck a few weeks ago.
    Slash Nitro
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo 2.0

RC Qualifier
    10 gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Night's exactly right. I use a Castle XLX for my Xmaxx and a Fuze 160 for my Bell Ray, and they both use 10 gage. I also use original Traxxas male connectors with my ESC's. Be aware, though, that it is very hard to use Traxxas connectors with 10 gage ESC noodle wire unless you know one little secret. This secret, however, will make the job easy.

The secret is: to tin your Traxxas' pins and ESC's wires first (standard procedure when soldering); and then with the 10 gage wires tips tinned, gently rotate the tinned wire ends on a belt sander. This will smooth out the outside soldered tipped end surfaces, and will let them slip/fit into the Traxxas male connectors a lot easier.

Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-12-2019 at 03:36 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the replies both of you & the tips RegularGuy.
    Truck gets back from Traxxas on Weds. the same day esc is scheduled for delivery. Should be fun.
    Slash Nitro
    Slash 4x4
    E-Revo 2.0