RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Having a voltage issue. Advice?

So I have a Max5, castle bec 2.0 WP. I got the BEC to smooth power and get rid of slowing fans and dimming lights. I have a double led bar up front, 2 40x40 fans. When I actuate the servo fast, it lags, unplug the lights or servo, issue goes away. I got the bec when I noticed the power issue. Iím thinking my servo is getting sketchy. I run 10500 mah 4S batteries. Should the max5ís cooling fan be plugged in or since ground is ground could be feeding back into my bec? I show a voltage drop during these conditions. I think Iím gonna take the voltage up to 7.5 as the RX voltage shows 7.0 and will dip down to 6.6 under load.
    Any ideas on where to go. I feel like the system is setup for this in every way.

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I forgot to add. The servo seemed to be powered up after the BEC install, it had resistance to forcing the wheels to turn, but would not turn the wheels. I took the linkage off then it began to work. I think Iím talking myself into my servo is on its way out.

The only thing in your setup that would concern me is the servo. I wonder if it got ill when you gave it 7.4volts? Sorry traxxas, but if there is a weak link in your electronics it's for sure that 2085x.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    The only thing in your setup that would concern me is the servo. I wonder if it got ill when you gave it 7.4volts? Sorry traxxas, but if there is a weak link in your electronics it's for sure that 2085x.

Itís been on 7.4 for a year and a half though.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Any advice on servo recommendations?

I just had to replace my stock like 2 weeks out of warranty, I went with the 2085x because my LHS had it. Wasn't my first choice. The savox 2290 is popular, but exspensive. I use a savox 1231sg in my erevo that I was considering but it's only rated for 6v. Pro modeler servos are popular too. Either the 470 or 630. Really depends on what you want to spend. I like the hitec 7950th too. I have a few of those.
    http://www.promodeler.com/standard-servos.aspx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just had to replace my stock like 2 weeks out of warranty, I went with the 2085x because my LHS had it. Wasn't my first choice. The savox 2290 is popular, but exspensive. I use a savox 1231sg in my erevo that I was considering but it's only rated for 6v. Pro modeler servos are popular too. Either the 470 or 630. Really depends on what you want to spend. I like the hitec 7950th too. I have a few of those.
    http://www.promodeler.com/standard-servos.aspx

Iím leaning towards the 2290 with the adapter. Thanks for the links. Iíll check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Iím leaning towards the 2290 with the adapter. Thanks for the links. Iíll check those out.

That's the one I was kind of wanting too. There is a guy on Facebook who fully waterproofs them and sells them with an aluminum horn and the adapter for 140$. But of course he is always out of them. That servo should be pretty much waterproof minus being submerged. All my higher end servos and my Savox 1231sg get sprayed down with the garden hose and they are fine. Good servos use O-ring construction and are pretty water tight already.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's the one I was kind of wanting too. There is a guy on Facebook who fully waterproofs them and sells them with an aluminum horn and the adapter for 140$. But of course he is always out of them. That servo should be pretty much waterproof minus being submerged. All my higher end servos and my Savox 1231sg get sprayed down with the garden hose and they are fine. Good servos use O-ring construction and are pretty water tight already.

Savox 2290 and plate ordered. Thanks for the advice. I hadnít looked that direction. I watched a load video. Showed the servo under load not getting to 5 amps. So my setup should be perfect for this.