RC Enthusiast

Traxxas Coupon Code

Hi anyone has any coupon code to support this addiction, and maybe buy more grams for the money.

Thank you

Traxxas does not allow coupons to be used for their products. They will run specials here and there which are passed along to retailers.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Traxxas does not allow coupons to be used for their products. They will run specials here and there which are passed along to retailers.
    Also known as "price fixing", which, technically, is illegal, at least here within the US. At the same time, Traxxas is far from the only company doing this. They, as well as countless others, have found "loopholes" in the laws governing this. But, that's ok, as Traxxas makes quality products, plus they aren't seriously overpriced.

~ Coming to you live, from somewhere on planet Earth.
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

And any other Traxxas distributor is required to sell it at a "fixed" price too, set by Traxxas.

Only exceptions are a few independent sellers on Amazon, or ebay. And you don't save much in the long run.

And I agree with Panther...their prices aren't that bad for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Also known as "price fixing", which, technically, is illegal, at least here within the US. At the same time, Traxxas is far from the only company doing this. They, as well as countless others, have found "loopholes" in the laws governing this. But, that's ok, as Traxxas makes quality products, plus they aren't seriously overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroBugg View Post
    And any other Traxxas distributor is required to sell it at a "fixed" price too, set by Traxxas.

Only exceptions are a few independent sellers on Amazon, or ebay. And you don't save much in the long run.

And I agree with Panther...their prices aren't that bad for parts.
    Honestly, you guys REALLY need to look up the definitions of things before you post, you look stupid, REALLY stupid.

Price Fixing

Noun-

The maintaining of prices at a certain level by agreement between competing sellers.

Traxxas can legally set what ever price they wish, and legally hold those people who sell their products (commercially) to those prices. They are not coordinating with others in the industry to set the price of a 1/10 4WD SCT at a specific level, THAT would be price fixing...

If you don't like the price of Traxxas' wears, you can buy a similar product from another company for whatever price they decide to sell it for. Welcome to an open market...
    Last edited by Greatscott; 06-13-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Honestly, you guys REALLY need to look up the definitions of things before you post, you look stupid, REALLY stupid.

Price Fixing

Noun-

The maintaining of prices at a certain level by agreement between competing sellers.

Traxxas can legally set what ever price they wish, and legally hold those people who sell their products (commercially) to those prices. They are not coordinating with others in the industry to set the price of a 1/10 4WD SCT at a specific level, THAT would be price fixing...

If you don't like the price of Traxxas' wears, you can buy a similar product from another company for whatever price they decide to sell it for. Welcome to an open market...
    Well, all I can say is, Got Em!
    I'm Just A Guy With A Sl4sh

Price Fixing

Noun-

"Looking stupid", in your case, is going, literally, by some definition you looked up. A dictionary's "definition" is NOT to only usable definition of a word, or a phrase. In this case...and, the COMMONLY-USED meaning...'price-fixing' is when a manufacturer maintains full control of what licenced merchants can sell their products for, controls when they can lower said prices (such as a sale, or permanent price-lowering), and what amount said lowering can be.

Traxxas, as well as countless other manufacturers, does just that. Whether, or not, you like the use of the term "price-fixing", it doesn't matter - it is what it is, and price-fixing IS what it is. At the same time, their prices ARE reasonable (which I said earlier), unlike some other companies (such as a certain company named after a fruit). In other words, Traxxas isn't "pricing itself out of the market" - their products ARE great, they ARE high quality, and the prices ARE reasonable. However, they DO still maintain complete control of the retail pricing (as well as not allowing the user of coupons/discount-codes, which IS "price-fixing". It's just that (as I stated earlier), they, along with many other companies, have found a 'legal' way of doing it.

~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Honestly, you guys REALLY need to look up the definitions of things before you post, you look stupid, REALLY stupid.\
    Not sure whom you're calling "you guys", but I never said it was Price Fixing. I said it was a fixed price. (there IS a difference) A part you buy from Traxxas, will be the same price at the other big resellers. Making it a fixed price for that item.

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension before calling out others so it doesn't make YOU look REALLY stupid.

Bless your heart...

My most humble apologies guys, I should not have said you looked "stupid", the pronoun I should have used was "wrong". It was very insensitive of me.

My only excuse is that I have been retired from the military for a couple of years now, and it has been a while since I have had sensitivity training. Back when I was in, I had to have sensitivity training quite a lot, but not much of it has stuck. I had a habit have saying harsh words to my juniors (and sometimes seniors) who did or said asinine things. After making the asinine individual weep, I would have to be reminded, that no matter how wrong someone's actions or verbalizations were, they still had feelings. Plus, living up here in the sticks of Idaho, I forget how little it takes for you guys on the left side of the pasture to get triggered; again, showing how insensitive I have become.

So please, change the pronoun in my first post from "stupid" to "wrong", and accept my apology for being insensitive.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

It is funny how the lack of understanding of the difference between "fixed pricing" and "price fixing" can produce such solidly incorrect opinions. Plus the complete lack of respect to the meaning of "technically, is illegal" then taking a complete 180 and claiming it is unimportant to be accurate with definitions.

I swear this hobby is plagued with people suffering from Dunning-Kruger effect. It makes participation embarrassing sometimes.

This thread is being closed for reasons that should be obvious to those not suffering from the afore-mentioned D-K effect.
    It is amazing to me how some self-centered individuals believe that private corporations should subsidize their activities or lack thereof.

The complaint about price-fixing amounts to one thing only: “Why can’t they give it to me for less.” Waahhh.

Traxxas is doing nothing illegal - technically, actually, literally, or other. Those who choose to suggest otherwise can be free to purchase elsewhere and post elsewhere. I have long espoused the notion that to have extremely little care as to the veracity of a thing is tantamount to lying about it intentionally. Or more simply: If you post about something and you have no understanding or care whether it is right, I consider it Trolling, Flaming, and some other “-ing”s that will also get you in trouble here.

Perhaps the post to which others are objecting could have been delivered more tactfully (a rarity for the poster) but it certainly wasn’t far from dead-on correct.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °