RC poster

Tamiya rc tools set any good?

Ik a lot of people like nips but was looking for something a little cheaper. Found these on Amazon $20 shipped, anyone knows if they are good?

RC Racer
    I have these as well as integy tools they are very durable for the price the Ti-Ni coating makes the ends have a less chance to round out and strip I think anybody using hex wrenches needs these
    https://www.amazon.com/NEEWER%C2%AE-...ateway&sr=8-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Finaru View Post
    Ik a lot of people like nips but was looking for something a little cheaper. Found these on Amazon $20 shipped, anyone knows if they are good?
    I found a couple of tool sets from Tamiya around $20, and all were not worth $2.

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    I have these as well as integy tools they are very durable for the price the Ti-Ni coating makes the ends have a less chance to round out and strip I think anybody using hex wrenches needs these
    https://www.amazon.com/NEEWER%C2%AE-...ateway&sr=8-10

Not a fan of Integy at all, but they do have a good product here and there. I have heard nothing but good things about the tool set you linked.

With that, there are a number of ways to go cheap in the hobby to save money, but tools are not generally one of those places. In most instances cheap tools cause a lot of headaches.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Agreed with you on integy. Most of their stuff is crap but every once in a while something good comes along

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk