RC Racer

What other Traxxas do you run with your E Revo

Just interested in what other Traxxas RCís us E Revo owners own and run?

And more importantly what gets the most use?

RC Competitor
    I have a few, I have a E Revo 2.0, A Brushed E Revo , a brushed Slash 2 wheel drive, a X Maxx , a brushed stampede 2 wheel drive that I put a brushless system in, And a non traxxas Arrma Notorious. I love them all but the E revo 2.0 and Notorious get the most use . but the X Maxx is my favorite rc and gives me the most fun. The slash and brushed E Revo I actually bought for my 15 year old nephew, but I maintain them lol

I'll play, when my son and I go out for a serious bash session we bring the fleet! List as follows:
    1- Frankenstein's slash 4x4 (built with spare parts)
    2- E-Revo 1.0 (the tank, it never breaks)
    3- hcg 2wd slash (still enjoying after years)
    4- the rusty (probably the fastest of the fleet)
    5-not a traxxas
    6- not a traxxas

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    Ok well to add to the mix...

I only have an E Revo 2.0 what would advise to be my next Traxxas purchase?

The only other traxxas I run besides the erevo 2.0 is the Xmaxx. I built a pretty upgraded stampede 4x4 from spare parts, I have a heavily upgraded slash 4x4 that collects dust, I have a revo 3.3 that I run once or twice a year to remind me how aggravating nitro is. I have three other trucks that aren't traxxas that get run more than anything except the erevo 2.0. I do find myself running the 2.0 allot. It's pretty fun, pretty durable, parts are readily available and affordable. Tenth scales were good for cutting my teeth, learned the hobby with the stampede and slash, but the only thing I find endearing about them anymore is the parts availability. For the amount of money I put into the slash 4x4 to make it really fast and really durable, it is still light years behind a few of my other kits for comparable or less money. What have you had before the erevo 2.0? Hopefully it's not your first, it will be hard to be happy with anything smaller or slower compared to that beast you're building. It is nice to have a few trucks like a slash or stampede around for friends or noobs. Certainly wouldn't want them to run my Xmaxx with no to little experience, they could kill somebody with that thing, and my wallet too.

RC Racer
    ^ I’ve had a HPI short course and Savage, then a dubious 2nd hand 2wd Slash in hindsight I can’t remember what was a genuine part and not hashed together, that thing had more resin/epoxy then it did plastic haha

Quote Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
    ^ Iíve had a HPI short course and Savage, then a dubious 2nd hand 2wd Slash in hindsight I canít remember what was a genuine part and not hashed together, that thing had more resin/epoxy then it did plastic haha
    Yeah, I think once you run that thing anything less might be a bit disappointing. My progression was size. Started with the stampede 4x4, switched it over to a slash, went to Tekno for some 8th scale fun, then got a revo 2.0 and reignited the soft spot in my heart for traxxas, then Xmaxx. Love my revo 2.0, Xmaxx and my Teknos. My 5 year old plays with the stampede I built with upgrades and spare parts, I take my pro mt 4x4 out a bit here and there and everything else sits. I guess it's different for everybody but the revo and Xmaxx kind of spoil everything else for me, besides a Tekno.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Yeah, I think once you run that thing anything less might be a bit disappointing. My progression was size. Started with the stampede 4x4, switched it over to a slash, went to Tekno for some 8th scale fun, then got a revo 2.0 and reignited the soft spot in my heart for traxxas, then Xmaxx. Love my revo 2.0, Xmaxx and my Teknos. My 5 year old plays with the stampede I built with upgrades and spare parts, I take my pro mt 4x4 out a bit here and there and everything else sits. I guess it's different for everybody but the revo and Xmaxx kind of spoil everything else for me, besides a Tekno.

Funny you say that!

Thereís a guy ĎOverkillí on the Tekno forum whoís built a couple of overpowered Tekno bashers and Iím so close to following suit but the build cost is likely to be 2k plus it will cross compete with my E Revo so wanted something a little different.

Funny you say that!

Thereís a guy ĎOverkillí on the Tekno forum whoís built a couple of overpowered Tekno bashers and Iím so close to following suit but the build cost is likely to be 2k plus it will cross compete with my E Revo so wanted something a little different.
    Yeah I'm familiar with him. He is a really smart guy, solved some of the few problems that exist on that platform. Yes, I have one that is probably 3/4 of that invested. They are legit though. Revo is good too though and honestly it isn't a fair comparison, kind of talking Corvette to McClaren. You'll be plenty happy with the revo 2.0.

Yeah I'm familiar with him. He is a really smart guy, solved some of the few problems that exist on that platform. Yes, I have one that is probably 3/4 of that invested. They are legit though. Revo is good too though and honestly it isn't a fair comparison, kind of talking Corvette to McClaren. You'll be plenty happy with the revo 2.0.

Agreed. That guy overkill, well let's just say his name fits. My tekno mt410 also has close to 3/4 invested also, but the 2.0 gets just as much play time. Most of my other traxxas trucks are for others to drive, the tekno and 2.0 is for my son and I, the others I can hand the controller to any one and not worry about much. From adults to my 10yo sons friends, the slashes and rusty are fair game!

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    Agreed. That guy overkill, well let's just say his name fits. My tekno mt410 also has close to 3/4 invested also, but the 2.0 gets just as much play time. Most of my other traxxas trucks are for others to drive, the tekno and 2.0 is for my son and I, the others I can hand the controller to any one and not worry about much. From adults to my 10yo sons friends, the slashes and rusty are fair game!

Agreed. That's what's nice about having a fleet. I have been torn about maybe selling the slash, maybe get enough out of it to get close to 2 stampede 4x4 kits to have 2 extras for the kid across the street and maybe someone else in the future. It is nice having multiple vehicles that all utilize most of the same parts. Almost no down time and always have spares. Like Fancy said, no worries handing it off or watching the neighborhood kid bash it into a tree because you know whatever he breaks you probably have 3 of them hanging in the garage and you can fix it with your eyes closed.

RC Racer

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post

Agreed. That's what's nice about having a fleet. I have been torn about maybe selling the slash, maybe get enough out of it to get close to 2 stampede 4x4 kits to have 2 extras for the kid across the street and maybe someone else in the future. It is nice having multiple vehicles that all utilize most of the same parts. Almost no down time and always have spares. Like Fancy said, no worries handing it off or watching the neighborhood kid bash it into a tree because you know whatever he breaks you probably have 3 of them hanging in the garage and you can fix it with your eyes closed.

Oh yeah fully aware you can’t really compare them, could you imagine an E Revo in that price bracket hmmm hahaha

Just something about the 2.0 that makes me and do find the Tekno well plain.

Tekno would be my next logical set with the addition of maybe a true cheap basher but then I’m highly unlikely to be in a situation where are lend the controls to someone!

As above my concern is cross over and if I had both T’s would I always gravitate to one? Will say and I don’t know why but of late I’ve definitely been considering something along the lines of XO-1 and with the two new releases from the brand ‘not mentioned here’ my attention has been sway I wonder if Traxxas might react to the fresh XO competition.

Decisions decisions

RC Enthusiast
    My youngest working on his bandit, nest to his big brothers 1/16 revo, and of course my 2.0! They get about the same amount of use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    I only have two Traxxas model 1 Revo 2.5 and my E-Revo I have a couple other model RCs one is another Nitro one is another brushless and my son has another brushless ultimately my son's brushless in my E-Revo get the most use

Sent from my SM-T827R4 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrevo40 View Post
    My youngest working on his bandit, nest to his big brothers 1/16 revo, and of course my 2.0! They get about the same amount of use

That is what is up my friend. So awesome seeing it as a family hobby and everyone spending time wrenching. I still remember when I was 10 years old that Christmas...way back in 1990, my parents got me into RC. Bought me a Lunchbox kit. My pops and I built it together and had a blast running it. Amazing memories! And here almost 30 years later, I still remember waiting for my Dad to come home with parts or upgrades after work, knowing we would spend time on it after dinner. Man oh man...such awesome memories!
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Racer
    Where I’m at!!!

Really like an XO-1 type and would prefer to stick with Traxxas but the Infraction does pull at my wallet

Friend has a UDR which I like the drive but not the look, however with the shell remove it’s cool

X-Maxx awesome beast but will overlap my 2.0 and will need a shed load of new batteries and the short run time will bug me (shouldn’t watch the Traxxas promo vids)

LHS has a nice offer on an XO-1 he’s had sitting on the shelf which I’m tempted by but knowing Sod’s law I’ll buy and Traxxas will do an update....

I love the tweaking/modding as much as the running so want something lined up for when my Revo is back up and running (next week hopefully)

Where Iím at!!!

Really like an XO-1 type and would prefer to stick with Traxxas but the Infraction does pull at my wallet

Friend has a UDR which I like the drive but not the look, however with the shell remove itís cool

X-Maxx awesome beast but will overlap my 2.0 and will need a shed load of new batteries and the short run time will bug me (shouldnít watch the Traxxas promo vids)

LHS has a nice offer on an XO-1 heís had sitting on the shelf which Iím tempted by but knowing Sodís law Iíll buy and Traxxas will do an update....

I love the tweaking/modding as much as the running so want something lined up for when my Revo is back up and running (next week hopefully)
    If you like tweaking/modding have you considered building a kit? Maybe starting with a roller? I don't want to get brand specific, but building a kit sounds kind of right up your alley. If you want to stay with traxxas buying a RTR and selling the stock parts you don't want does end up being a little more cost effective as you know from your erevo project. As far as one project running into another, I kind of disagree. Little differences in design actually make big differences in performance, handling and durability. You talked about the Tekno MT410 being too similar to the erevo, but the shorter wheelbase actually makes it drastically different. Completely different driving machine from the erevo. I think it's kind of weird that traxxas doesn't have an actual 8th scale true monster truck, as the market does support it. I'd like to see like an 8th scale stampede 4x4. I'm not too familiar with the Xo-1, I don't do any on road driving. In my opinion the only other traxxas I would be comfortable putting a bunch of time and money into is the Xmaxx. The design, layout and construction of the Xmaxx truly makes it legit. With the exception of the stock electronics and the tires, the machine is legit. Extremely durable, an absolute dream to work on. Everything is accessible and easy to get to. You could tear it down and rebuild it in an hour. Downfalls are, it's exspensive, it needs alot of room to run, it runs over and through everything, the batteries are big and do require a good charger. As far as runtime, I have 9200mah 4s batteries and I get 45 min of runtime out of them. Do you have a rough budget for your next project?

RC Racer
    If you like tweaking/modding have you considered building a kit? Maybe starting with a roller? I don't want to get brand specific, but building a kit sounds kind of right up your alley. If you want to stay with traxxas buying a RTR and selling the stock parts you don't want does end up being a little more cost effective as you know from your erevo project. As far as one project running into another, I kind of disagree. Little differences in design actually make big differences in performance, handling and durability. You talked about the Tekno MT410 being too similar to the erevo, but the shorter wheelbase actually makes it drastically different. Completely different driving machine from the erevo. I think it's kind of weird that traxxas doesn't have an actual 8th scale true monster truck, as the market does support it. I'd like to see like an 8th scale stampede 4x4. I'm not too familiar with the Xo-1, I don't do any on road driving. In my opinion the only other traxxas I would be comfortable putting a bunch of time and money into is the Xmaxx. The design, layout and construction of the Xmaxx truly makes it legit. With the exception of the stock electronics and the tires, the machine is legit. Extremely durable, an absolute dream to work on. Everything is accessible and easy to get to. You could tear it down and rebuild it in an hour. Downfalls are, it's exspensive, it needs alot of room to run, it runs over and through everything, the batteries are big and do require a good charger. As far as runtime, I have 9200mah 4s batteries and I get 45 min of runtime out of them. Do you have a rough budget for your next project?

Very true and as you know Iíve been looking at the T and X truggy options but they are more track/race orientated and not over egging my ability I like tweaking but race/track set up isnít my thing I just like taking apart and rebuilding in some way slightly different, do honestly feel the mention two would be wasted on me.

MT410 is I guess a halfway point but when I say different RC I means as in areas of use, I have a lot of 1/10 tracks and large flat open areas near me as well as a few ideal basher tracks, so meant more in that way opposed to how they drive.

Budget wise I donít really have one, itís a fun hobby so kind of buy what I like, I was asked for a list of my Evil R build which Iíll post up later and a quick add up Iíve spent enough on it to build a decent 1/8 race truggy and some, but I guess sub £3k if I wanted to put a limit on it.

Very true and as you know Iíve been looking at the T and X truggy options but they are more track/race orientated and not over egging my ability I like tweaking but race/track set up isnít my thing I just like taking apart and rebuilding in some way slightly different, do honestly feel the mention two would be wasted on me.

MT410 is I guess a halfway point but when I say different RC I means as in areas of use, I have a lot of 1/10 tracks and large flat open areas near me as well as a few ideal basher tracks, so meant more in that way opposed to how they drive.

Budget wise I donít really have one, itís a fun hobby so kind of buy what I like, I was asked for a list of my Evil R build which Iíll post up later and a quick add up Iíve spent enough on it to build a decent 1/8 race truggy and some, but I guess sub £3k if I wanted to put a limit on it.
    Based on your budget you could build a nice 5th scale if you wanted to. I guess just decide like you said what kind of terrain you want to run. If you want something for the street the xo-1 is probably for you. I think a street version of a udr would be pretty sweet if you are trying to stay traxxas. Just my opinion, just because a vehicle is marketed as "race kit" doesn't mean you can't bash it. If you've never seen, built or got your hands on a race buggy or truggy you'll never understand the difference. If that came off sounding snobby I apologize, it isn't the intent, there is just that much of a difference in the build quality. A good race kit, with 3.8 tires is fully capable of being a good, reliable, everyday basher.
    If you want to stay traxxas there really isn't a vehicle you can't build to the hilt on your budget. Xmaxx is definitely different than any other vehicle in their line up. Upgrade parts are endless, but it would after batteries and full upgrade probably be at the top of 3k budget. You could go well past that if you wanted to.
    Have you thought about a spartan or a m41?

RC Racer
    Really I thought 3k gbp would be plenty? I hadn’t included batteries in that just the RC

Not snobby at all just your honest opinion and granted I’ve never owned one but I have now had a go with a Tekno eb48 and some Kyosho buggy of some description (nearly 50% more then the Tekno) and do get where you are coming from but honestly think they are wasted on my skill level plus half the adjustable features the guy mentioned went straight over my head.

You know what that street UDR is an idea haha my only concern from a quick look is the actual room inside the chassis is limited, might have to look over the UDR section to see what owners are doing.

Don’t know why but a XO-1 on 1/5 GRP’s power sliding across my works yard seems very appealing, wonder if I can build a home track haha

Really I thought 3k gbp would be plenty? I hadnít included batteries in that just the RC

Not snobby at all just your honest opinion and granted Iíve never owned one but I have now had a go with a Tekno eb48 and some Kyosho buggy of some description (nearly 50% more then the Tekno) and do get where you are coming from but honestly think they are wasted on my skill level plus half the adjustable features the guy mentioned went straight over my head.

You know what that street UDR is an idea haha my only concern from a quick look is the actual room inside the chassis is limited, might have to look over the UDR section to see what owners are doing.

Donít know why but a XO-1 on 1/5 GRPís power sliding across my works yard seems very appealing, wonder if I can build a home track haha
    Yeah, I definitely misspoke. I didn't realize you were talking 3k pound. That's 3800$ us dollars. You could build the baddest Xmaxx on the planet and throw in the last charger you'd ever need. With a budget like that the skies the limit. If I had that to spend I'd build a 12s 5b. But that's not for here. I'm still thinking Xmaxx. Upgrades are limitless. You can definitely make a street speeder Xmaxx. With that budget you could probably take an Xmaxx places it's never been before. 12s? MGM ESC?

RC Qualifier
    I will have to post a video soon, but a few weekends ago we ran two E-Revo 2.0s, one 6S X-Maxx, one 8S X-maxx, one Slash 4x4 Platinum, and one E-Revo brushed at the same time. The 8S X-Maxx is my favorite because it can run over anything. The E-Revo is fun because it is faster, but the clearance and tire ballooning are not fun. I own quite a few Traxxas vehicles:

Last edited by drivejumpfly; 06-20-2019 at 12:58 AM.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    The X-Maxx. But once you get one, you probably wont bother with your ERevo lol

RC Enthusiast
    TRX-4 Defender in red. It’s awesome and obviously a very different proposition to the E-revo. My 6yr old son can probably drive it better than me now, although I only let him use it in low gear mode. At the moment the TRX-4 gets the most usage until I sort the servo issues out on the E-revo. Unfortunately I’ve only managed to run the E-revo for 20 minutes before I encountered servo issues so really can’t wait to get it back up and running.

I’m thinking of buying my son a base model 1/16th scale E-revo as he so wants his own truck and it would be great for us to go out bashing together. How fast are these trucks? Suitable for a 6yr old who is more than capable driving a TRX-4? He has been driving RC cars for two years plus now albeit toys r us type cheap models but this has given him the basic driving and handling skills so I think he is ready to step up to a proper truck now.

Cheers,
    Delirious.

RC Qualifier
    Delirious - You will have servo gear issues with the 1/16 as well. You would be better off getting him a base 1/10 Slash 4x4 or Rustler 4x4. They are harder to break.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the tips, drivejumpfly, I will check those alternatives out. I think a 1/10 scale will be too big but the Rustler on NiMh batteries only, to slow him down, might just do the trick. I also want one of those

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
    Thanks for the tips, drivejumpfly, I will check those alternatives out. I think a 1/10 scale will be too big but the Rustler on NiMh batteries only, to slow him down, might just do the trick. I also want one of those
    I recently bought a used merv (mini e-revo 1/16 vxl). It's alright running the nimh batteries in series for beginners. Once you throw in some 3s lipos, it's more of a little rocket. The diff is having a hard time, will probably break in the near future, but it's actually quite fun. I still prefer the big brother (2.0) though.
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16

RC Enthusiast
    We ran these early this morning at mt.trashmore va...when the day cools off we will take them out again....5 gr olds bandit. 8 yr olds merv. Daddy's 2.0

RC Racer
    Ops wrong topic!