RC poster

Velineon vxl 6s 2200kV brushless rebuild kit?

My motor began smoking after replacing my esc with a Hobbywing max 8. I used the program card and had the esc tuned down not even at full settings. The motor made a whining sound after 30 minutes of use and began smoking. I haven't yet taken it apart but I was looking for info on a rebuild kit. If anyone has a link I would very much appreciate it, thank you.

RC Qualifier
    There is no rebuild options for it. You can take motor to lhs and they can send in for a replacement for 100$ + shipping or can go directly with trx, For 100$. Or get a different motor from somewhere else non trx.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Lhs may be able to just hand you over a new motor if they have it in stock. Take your 100$ + plus shipping my lhs charges 5$ shipping. But it will be up to your lhs on what they do... May have to wait for new motor to show back up at lhs for pick up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply. I can just upgrade for $140. I already have a Hobbywing Max 8 so might as well go that route next time. I seen rebuild kits for other motors, I really enjoy working on my E-Revo so I was just hoping to get to pull the motor apart and fix it. Found a new vxl 6s 2200kV on ebay for $85. If this one burns out I will not be buying traxxas parts anymore.